Tuesday 9 May 2017

Woodware One Day Special on Hochanda this evening

Hi Bloggers.

I'm launching a One Day Special on Hochanda this evening at 8pm with lots of fabulous Woodware Stamps. The one Day Special has a different format this time - you'll need to tune in to find out what that format is!

I have a two-fer for you today to tempt you 😊

Here's your first card -

I spritzed through the Droplets Mask using CS PM Vintage Blue Ink Spray Mist onto Coconut White Card - I used Phill Martin's in a box technique to get a nice fine mist. I cut it out using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares and inked around the edges with CS Clear Day Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

I stamped the Submarine from the Woodware Mini Submarine Stamp Set onto Watercolour Card using Onyx Black Versafine Ink. I coloured in using CS Essentials Watercolour Palette and a Water Brush. I cut it out using scissors leaving a thin white border around the edges.

I stamped the fish, sea horse and starfish from the Woodware Sweet Mermaid Stamp Set onto Watercolour Card, again using Versafine Ink. I coloured in using some more of the paints from the palette and cut them out as before.

I cut some sea weed out of Rich Green Card using Sue's Underwater Accessories and added them in groups to the bottom of my background. I added some Clear Perfect Medium to the bottom of my seascape. I added CS Sea Turtle Brilliant Sparkle Embossing Powder (as usual, very hard to pick up the sparkle and shimmer on a photo - I'll try and wiggle it for you on tv).

I stamped the sentiment that somes in the Mini Submarine Set onto Coconut White Card using Versafine Ink. I trimmed it with scissors, edged with Clear Day Colour Cloud and matted onto Black Card.

I assembled the card as shown, matting onto Black Card and then Coconut White Card.

Here's your second card - 

I started by creating a background based on a technique I found in Dyan Reaveley's Guide to Art Journalling Book. I used Watercolour Card. I spritzed it with water. I removed the nozzle from the CS PM Vintage Blue Ink Spray Mist and drew circles on the card, re-dipping for each circle. I misted with water again and then drew circles with CS Pastel Purple Chalk Mister in the same way. I misted with water once more and then drew circles with CS PM Old Gold Mister. I misted once more and then used the nozzle ends to flick some of the colours onto my background. I blotted with Kitchen Roll and put aside to dry.



Once dry, I stamped one of the flowers from the Woodware Fancy Flowers Stamp Set using Onyx Black Versafine Ink. I also stamped the sentiment from the Woodware Posy Ring Stamp Set. I coloured the leaves on the image using CS Essentials Watercolour Palette using a Water Brush. I matted onto Black Card and then onto a Coconut White Card Blank.


I stamped the flower head from the flower onto Watercolour Card twice. I coloured them with more of the paint from the Watercolour Palette. I cut the centre section out using scissors. I cut the whole head out using Sue's Double Pierced Circles. I stacked these on top of my main image using CE Mounting Cushion.


I completed my card by adding a 5mm Black Pearl to each corner.

I've loaded pics of all the samples from the shows to the Gallery Section of this Blog and to an album on my Julia Watts Crafts Facebook Page.

I'm offering 10% discount on items I have for sale on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tomorrow night or while stocks last. Discount will be applied automatically at checkout.

See you later!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (9th May) - S
pellbinders Borderabilities - Petite 5 1/2" Deckled Scalloped Border only £4.99!

30 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, two fabulous cards love the background on card number two hope you will be demoing it on one of your shows.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, two absolutely brilliant cards today, love them both, will have to try the background technique from the second one. Have a great day. Looking forward to the shows. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Another great look with this gorgeous background.Love the stamps you have used.Looking forward to your show.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Julia, looking forward to the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia these cards are gorgeous. I am looking forward to your shows. I wonder what the new format will be like. Have a great day and a safe journey. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both backgrounds and especially the stamps you've used on the first card. Looking forward to your shows.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant ! Love the cards and looking forward to 8 pm ! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    Fabulous cards. Looking forward to your shows.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that background on the second card, Julia. Will have to give that a go.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards, love the first card-it's so cute and really like the background on the second one.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Love the fun card, look forward to seeing more.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, two very different lovely cards, hope to be watching tonight's show


    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Julia... Two amazing cards this morning .. I have to see I love the first card , its brilliant , just love all the details on how you have created the card. So looking forward to tonights shows and I am of work tomorrow so will be watching..... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia. To totally different cards. The first made me smile and what a great background technique on the second. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two lovely stamps. Especially like the second one.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia, I am looking forward to the shows as I love Woodware stamps. They stamp beautifully and last so well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantatic cards julia x wondering if the submarine would fit in sues porthole die x looking forward to your shows x thankyou x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia, Two lovely cards, but I love the 'quirkiness' of the first one, I adore the fish's bulging eyes and the 'look' on the face of the seahorse. I love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah very pretty, especially No.1 just love that for a little boy...thank you Julia...luv Ursula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia

    A treat today with two gorgeous cards. The first one is so cute

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia.

    Two great Cards. Great Stamps and lovely backgrounds, I hope to see a demo of the second card to get the technique in my head. There are some really lovely cards in the Gallery. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both cards are lovely My favourite is the second What a clever technique

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looking forward to fun and giggles. Oh Yes! and crafting techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi Julia
    beautiful colours used on these lovely cards.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia Two gorgeous cards I love the submarine so cute I also like background in the second card. Looking forward to your shows

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love both cards Julia. Just watching you doing the second background. Brilliant. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are both gorgeous ! Will be trying the swirly background, awesome! Loved the shows, thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!