Wednesday 10 May 2017

Woodware One Day Special Shows continue today

Hi Bloggers.

One Day Special shows continue today at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I hope you can join me.

I have another two-fer for you today.

Here's your first card -

I started by misting a piece of Coconut White Card with PM CS Vintage Blue Ink Spray Mist through the Droplets Mask. Once dry, I stamped it with sentiments from the Woodware Celebrating You and Sweet Mermaid Stamp Sets using Watering Can Archival.

I dusted with an Anti-Static Pad. I added Clear Perfect Medium down the left-hand side and a little at the bottom. I added CS Gold Detail Powder then sprinkled over some CS Fools Gold Brilliant Sparkle Embossing Powder, CS Antique Gold Mica Flakes and CS Aurora Hexagons Glitter Jewels. I carefully heat set from below, adding more powders, mica flakes and glitter jewels as desired.

I trimmed, matted onto Black Card and then onto Coconut White Card.

I stamped the mermaid from the Woodware Sweet Mermaid onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I coloured her in with CS Essentials Watercolour Palette and CS Summer Garden Watercolour Palette using a Water Brush. I did not colour her scales on heer tail. I added Quickie Glue to some of the scales on her tail. Once clear,I added Sea Green CS Polished Silk Glitter. I added more Quickie Glue to more sections of her tail. Once clear, I added CS Ice Blue Polished Silk Glitter. I added Quickie Glue to the remaining scales and once clear added CS Brilliant Blue Polished Silk Glitter.

I cut my mermaid out using scissors leaving a thin white border around and added her to my background using CE Mounting Cushion.

Here's your second card -

I stamped the Woodware Les Chats onto Watercolour Card using Onyx Black Versafine Ink. I coloured in using CS Essentials Watercolour Palette and a Water Brush.

I stamped the sentiment from the Woodware Plenty of Birthdays Stamp Set using Versafine.

I dipped the end of a brush into Inky Midnight CS Acrylic Mixed Media Paint and popped some spots around my card as shown.

Once dry, I edged the card with Clear Perfect Medium by running a Clear Perfect Medium Pen along my Tim Holtz Ruler. I added CS Fools Gold Brilliant Sparkle Embossing Powder and heat set.

I finished my card by matting onto Black Card and popping onto a Coconut White Card blank.

I've loaded pics of all the samples from the shows to the Gallery Section of this Blog and to an album on my Julia Watts Crafts Facebook Page.

I'm offering 10% discount on items I have for sale on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied automatically at checkout. Apologies, I did not manage to get any orders posted yesterday - I picked them but ran out of time so did not get them packed. I will get them out tomorrow.

See you later!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (10th May) - Ph
ill Martin Sentimentally Yours - Baroque Border Sentiments only £7.99!

26 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, two fabulous cards really like the owls. Looking forward to your shows today.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, two more brilliant cards, love the way you have done the Mermaid tail, and the cats are just so quirky, great stamps. Have not caught up with last nights show yet. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, two lovely cards today, I also love the way you have done the mermaids tail, looks brilliant.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great show last night Julia. The stamps are lovely and your demos, as always, were fab. Looking forward to today's shows. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    Loved your show last night,great demo's. The mermaid's tail is wonderful.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia both of these cards are gorgeous. I love those stamps. Your shows are brilliant as always. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your demos yesterday.
    As ever you have such wonderful ideas.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great cards again today, Julia. Just watching your first demo from last night - fascinating.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    Two great cards, I loved the demo of the first one. Tbe pick'n mix idea is inspired, love it!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, enjoyed the show last night, can't watch today as I'm at my retirement club.
    Lydia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, Two lovely cards, I'm loving how you have done the embossing powders and jewels etc, looks fantastic. The cute kitties are gorgeous, their faces are a 'picture' haha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, Two lovely cards, I'm loving how you have done the embossing powders and jewels etc, looks fantastic. The cute kitties are gorgeous, their faces are a 'picture' haha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like both cards but especially the cats. Really enjoyed the the techniques last night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Julia . I really enjoyed last night and the love how you created the back ground on the first Demo.
    Two Amazing cards this morning.. I love how you have created the Mermaid card last night with the heat emboss and I adore the cat card........Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you did not hurt yourself too much on the launch show. I winced . Stamps are selling well - so pat on the back for the selection choices.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Julia, a brilliant show last night and I love what you did with the mermaid it looks so much like the seabed, brilliant. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Julia, two great cards. Enjoyed last night's show and looking forward to more techniques today.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the cat card - what a great stamp. Thank you Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great ideas Julia.
    Have a lovely day
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia

    Two fantastic cards, and great techniques

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia two fabulous cards I love the way you did the mermaid and the background with the jewels they are so effective

    ReplyDelete
  22. Two lovely cards I saw the Mermaid one on Hochanda last night and as said last night - dazzling The cats are so sweet too

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do like your technique used on your first card Julia...thank you..luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely cards and have been enjoying your shows today. Two more to go. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Julia.

    Great Cards. I love your background and the tail of the mermaid on the first card, the stamp on the second is just such fun. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both fantastic cards julia x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!