Saturday 13 May 2017

Ahoy Matey!

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I popped some Phill Martin CS Vintage Blue Ink Spray Mist into a Water Brush. I used this to apply a wash over a piece of Coconut White Card. I wet a Natural Sponge and dabbed it over my background. I distressed the edges with a Woodware Edge Crimper and then inked with Smudged Charcoal CS Colour Cloud using a Smoothie. I matted onto Black Card and then Coconut White Card.
I stamped the image from the Ahoy Matey Stamp Set onto Watercolour Card using Onyx Black Versafine Ink. I coloured in using CS Essentials Watercolour Palette with a Water Brush. For the sword, I popped a little Graphite CS Shimmer Paint onto my Craft Sheet and used my Water Brush to colour. I added Sakura Black Gloss Glaze Pen for the buttons. I matted onto Black Card.

I coloured another piece of Card with the Vintage Blue Ink Spray Mist. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Versafine Ink. I cut it out using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Circles Set B and cut a mat out of Black card using Sue's Double Pierced Circles.

I painted a piece of Black Card with Graphite CS Shimmer Paint. Once dry, I cut out the ships wheel and anchor from Sue's Nautical Accessories Die Set. I sanded them with a Sanding Block to reveal the Black core. I cut the rope from the same die set out of Kraft Card and inked through the die with CS Decadent Oak Colour Cloud.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (13th May) - C
reative Expressions Stamps to Die For - Lily Corner only £2.99!

26 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, love card today

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Jula, a great fun card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Great kid's card. Such fun.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card Julia. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    A great card for kids, you could make a treasure map for the background.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia this is such a fun card that stamp is amazing. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia

    This is such a cute card, made me smile as soon as I saw it

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, such a fun one.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a "treasure map" stamp which I think is Woodware which would go great with this stamp, Julia. A fun card.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Julia, great fun card
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great fun stamp love the colouring
    Love June horrocks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Julia, great for a boy's card.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    A real fun card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia, what a great card for children, even the older ones. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another lovely fun card.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely fun card Julia.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. I can imagine a lot of little boys and not so little boys would love to receive this, such fun. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the background effect And a perfect card for a little boy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahoy there to you too lol
    Julia i love this fun bright and cheery card absolutely
    perfect for those wannabe pirates out there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great fun card Julia. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, A really fun card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia really cute card lots of fun

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another stunning card, just apt for a little boy....I can see one of these coming up soon...thank you Julia..luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Evening Julia. Great card for boys or some men. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia.. Such a fun card that makes you smile. I have really enjoyed your cards from the latest Woodware stamps and your creations.... Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!