Wednesday 17 May 2017

Happy Birthday to You

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I misted a piece of Watercolour Card with Phill Martin's CS Vintage Blue Ink Spray Mist. I added some CS Inky Midnight Mixed Media Acrylic Paint to a Mister Bottle with some water, mixed it well and then misted onto my card. I blotted off with another piece of Watercolour Card - this is the piece I used for my background.

I stamped the helicopter and the clouds from the Woodware Charlie Tango Stamp Set onto Watercolour Card using Onyx Black Versafine Ink. I coloured in using CS Essentials Watercolour Palette and a Water Brush. I cut them out leaving a white border around them.

Icut a frame out of Coconut White Card using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares and Double Pierced Squares Set B. I added 3D Foam Tape and popped onto a piece of Acetate.

Once my background was dry, I glued a couple of clouds to it. I added some CS Silver Stars Glitter Jewels and CS Blue Steel Mica Flakes and then added my frame using more 3D Foam Tape. I matted onto a couple of Coconut White Card mats.

I stamped the sentiment from the Woodware Plenty of Birthdays Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Versafine Ink. I cut it out using Sue's Pierced Flags. I glued it in place, slotting it into the frame as shown.

I added the helicopter and another cloud using 3D Foam Pads. I glued the remaining cloud in place.

I completed my card by adding an 8mm White Pearl to each corner.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

22 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, what a brilliant card, love this little helicopter stamp. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun card Julia.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, lovely card today

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Julia x xhazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another really fun card, Julia. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to make a card like this for.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,
    Love your fun card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, I love it !! it reminds me of a cartoon and I love it !! the bling looks gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fun card suitable for any age.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Briiint little stamp
    Thank you june horrocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Julia. What an amazing card this morning and made me smile. I love the Charlie Tango stamp and you have show stopped it wonderfully..
    I had my first play with some woodware stamps from stash with Pixie powders thank you to you from all your tips yesterday ..... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card showing off Charlie Tango

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card for youngsters. Love it, thank you Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brilliant card and love the background x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia

    I love this very cute card!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia.

    I really like this card, it's such fun. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julia this is a lovely fun card and perfect for young boys and the not so young ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia I really love this card its cute

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another real little cutie card, suitable for my little grandies...thank you Julia, it is great...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia. Love your fun card. Ideal for my grandson as he loves helicopters. X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant card Julia. Must get that stamp when it is back in stock.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!