Tuesday 30 May 2017

Faux Quilted Bonsai Stained Glass Window

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

This is a very simple card to make, a little time consuming but very simple.

I started by cutting Sue Wilson's Bonsai Stained Glass Window Die out of Black Card. Then, I ran the die through the Platinum Machine using the emboss sandwich with a piece of Coconut White Card slightly larger than the Black piece of Card.

I painted the areas on the embossed White Card using the CS Christmas Watercolour Paint Set and a Water Brush. I made sure I painted right down to the lines. The paint dries really quickly. I placed the black die cut on top and added extra paint where necessary. Once I was happy, I used Quickie Glue to adhere the black die cut to my painted piece. I matted onto another piece of Black Card and onto a Coconut White Card blank.

Thank you for all your orders over the Bank Holiday Weekend. I will do my best to get as many of them out today but some may slip to tomorrow. My youngest cat is poorly at the moment and I need to try and get him to the vets today which is never a quick trip. He could have waited till I had less prep to do! Lol 😟

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (30th May) - S
pellbinders Foam Mounted Rubber Stamp - Make Today Your Best Day only £4.99!

27 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, love this technique/idea having seen your demo on the shows, definitely one to try, it really turns into a lovely and striking card. Hope the Vets visit goes ok. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning card Julia and it looks a lot more difficult than it is. Very effective. I hope your cat is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning julia, fantastic sample today, I am going to try that technique, much easier then cutting the colours out and paper piercing them back into the spaces.

    Hope your cat gets better soon

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like this card when you showed it on TV and I did my own yesterday with the hummingbird I have yet to make it into a card but when I do I will pop it on my blog.
    So sorry to hear your gets not well hope it's not too serious xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. I loved your tip (on Hochanda) of misting the card before embossing with the die to stop the cracking, I'd had failed attempts before doing this.
    I hope your cat is ok. Our cat died of old age a few weeks ago and we miss her so much.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card when it was on your show love the colours hope you manage to get to the vet get well soon little one
    Love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly and most important, I hope your little one is ok, I will be thinking of him today. Please let us know how it went.
    The card is beautiful, very striking.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Julia, great technique to produce a very striking card.
    Hope all goes well at the vets
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card-it looks really:D, brilliant.

    Hope your cat is ok.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia,
    Stunning card, the colours are so rich and vibrant. Hope your cat is better soon.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Julia xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, A lovely card !!
    I hope the Vet can help your poorly kitty, it's awful when your pet is not well, I would rather be ill myself !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another brilliant idea I love the quilted effect it gives Hope the trip to the vets goes ok

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia. Another technique for me to try. Good luck at the Vets. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great technique producing a beautiful card.

    The idea is swinging through my brain to use this technique with a couple of Christmas dies. Uuuuummm!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Julia, Another stunning card from you and thank you for sharing on how you create technique of colours.
    Well wishes to your fur ball , hope all goes well at the vets.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia

    This is a very colourful card, so vibrant and stunning

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love these stained glass dies, this one is no exception and this card is so stunning with the vibrant colours...thank you Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an effective technique, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julia this is absolutly stunning, those colours
    are amazing.
    Really love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,

    Beautiful card,great technique,love the colors.Thank you for sharing.
    Carmen (Canada

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia gorgeous card I love the colours they have a lovely sheen to them This technique is such a good idea will have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous cad Julia. Striking colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I love how this looks and your colours. I will have to try this technique. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  25. I must have a go at this technique. What a great card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cards are Fabulous!!! I can't wait to start getting emails, as I just signed up.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!