Monday 8 May 2017

Monday Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

Well, that was a busy weekend! Today I'll be catching up on post and doing some final prep for tomorrow night's One Day Special on Hochanda.

Here's today's sneak peek -

For the background, I popped some CS Marigold Metallic Lustre Paint, CS Chocolate Gold Metallic Lustre Paint and CS Tarnished Silver Shimmer Paint in separate areas on my Craft Sheet. I picked each paint up in turn onto a Natural Sponge, removing some of the excess before dabbing it all over a piece of Coconut White Card.

I matted onto Black Card and popped onto Coconut White Card.

I stamped the Woodware Tractor onto Watercolour Card using Black Onyx Versafine Ink. I coloured in using CS Essentials Watercolour Palette and a Water Brush. I added a little Graphmaster BG1 Alcohol Marker around the edges of the windows. I cut it out using scissors leaving a small white border.

I stamped a sentiment onto Coconut White Card using Versafine Ink. I cut it out using Sue Wilson's Pierced Flags.

I stamped another sentiment onto Coconut White Card. I cut it out using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares Set B.

I painted some Cogs Pop-ems with the 3 paints I used for the background. I used various thicknesses of the Lustre Paints which, when heated to dry, give different textures. I added them to my card using CS Glue.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 5th May is ..........................

Jackie Trinder

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (8th May) - Sue Wilson Canadian Background only £10.00!


25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a brilliant card today, one for the guys, and a fabulous background. Hope you get a chance to relax a little today. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a fabulous card great for the men and any little boy would love a tractor.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say Congratulations Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops, forgot to say well done Jackie, a lovely card to own. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    Great card. Love the background effect( I remember sponging some of my walls with a natural sponge years ago.)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, great card sample today, looking forward to the show. Congrats to Jackie Trinder.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia today's card is stunning it is just brilliant. Thank you for picking me to win the card. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, great for those 'awkward' guy cards.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    A lovely card. Congrats to Jackie.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Julia.. Great card to day for the men and young boys and so different.. As always I love reading on how you create the back grounds and finishing touches. Looking forward tomorrow to watch your show.... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, love the background.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card with another beautiful background.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fabulous technique To use natural sponge is pure genius Congrats to JACKIE too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely, Julia. The cogs really add a bit of dimension and yet another great background.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    What a great card, for a man or a little boy thats into tractors, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia. My 4 year old grandson would love this card, he is tractor mad. Love your background on this one too. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know a man older than me who would love this as a birthday card as he is totally in to tractors. If he could he would have them in the garden but his landlady would never agree to it. Great card by the way!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia, A lovely card, I especially love how you have done your background, gorgeous.
    Congratulations to Jackie.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning Julia, great card, love the background.
    Congratulations to Jackie Trinder.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you Julia for a "country" card. looks great !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia

    This is a great card! One of my brother in laws drives a tractor, ideal card for him!

    I hope you manage to recharge your batteries, after your very busy weekend, for tonight's show!

    Congratulations to Jackie... enjoy!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi julia,lovely card i know so many i could send this to.
    congrats to Jackie.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. I like the Stamp and your lovely background, the texture on your cogs looks great. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations Jackie Trinder.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great man card today Julia....a bit miffed, looked for the Canadian die and guess what 'sold out'....really annoyed....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia Great card for men of all ages something a bit different
    Congratulations to Jackie enjoy your prize

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!