Saturday 19 March 2016

New Grandma

Hi Bloggers.

No, I'm not a Grandma! At least not for a few years, I hope!

Here's today's card for a new Grandma -

For the background, I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card with the Creative Expressions Twinkle Twinkle Embossing Folder. I inked around the edges with CS Pretty in Pink Colour Cloud using a Smoothie. I rubbed Pearl Moon Gilding Wax over the surface. I left it to dry for a few minutes and then buffed it up using a dry wet wipe.

I stamped the image from the Justrite We're Having a Baby Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Watering Can Archival. I coloured in using Antique Linen and Spun Sugar Distress Ink, pulling the colour out using a Water Brush.

I placed the banner from the Justrite Stitched A2 Banners & Rectangles Die Set over the image and stamped the wording where I wanted it, again using Watering Can Archival. The then cut it out and inked through the die with Pretty in Pink Colour Cloud. I cut the next sized banner out of Baby Pink Card.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 5mm White Pearls in the corners.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (19th March) - Phill Martin A6 Leafy Background only £5.99!

30 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    It is nice to have cards for new Parents and all the other family members. Take care Kitty.ps I am a great grand mother four times over now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, it's a beautiful card today xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, a great card perfect for new babies.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    Really nice card for new baby. Getting the dies out today to play.
    Pretty colours.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the cute teddy. Enjoy your weekend in Taunton with Phill I would love to be at the workshop. Take care. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,
    What a pretty card!
    Love the banners and background.
    No I am not a grandma either!!!
    Enjoy your workshop with Phill in Taunton.
    Love and crafty hugs,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, such a pretty card and so cute, love the large banners too.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, really lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia. Beautiful card, the stitched banners and rectangle dies are definitely a favourite. Enjoy Taunton. Sue XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. The banner die is top of my wish list!
    Carolyn B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, today's card is lovely, the stamps and dies went straight onto my wish list, need to add the embossing folder too. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    A very pretty card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very pretty and cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww so cute is your card Julia. x
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card not seen the large banners before love the stamp too thank you Julia you'd make a great nanna by the way xxxxxxx love June Horrocks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, lovely. That embossing folder is just perfect for the stamped image. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Julia. I am a GtGrandma but never had a lovely card like that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah, so beautiful, I am a Grandma and adore my four boys...I too never received a card like this....it is so cute Julia....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia.

    This is such a lovely Card, I think anyone would be so pleased to receive it. Twinkle twinkle I think is my favourite folder and like you I have fallen for the Justrite Stitched A2 Banners & Rectangles Die Set, I love this orientation of the banners. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia,
    What a lovely card! Really love this stamp set and the dies are perfect with it.
    Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty card and I'm falling more and more in love with this banner die set Funnily enough I've just got in from my daughter's Baby Shower Not long til I will be a new Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A real cutie Julia. Would have loved to receive this when my 3 little ones arrived. ( the eldest 5 years ago today!)
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia, This card is so, so, cute.
    I received my English Garden paper pad, thank you, Julia, and it is absolutely gorgeous, I love every single sheet.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia, This card is so, so, cute.
    I received my English Garden paper pad, thank you, Julia, and it is absolutely gorgeous, I love every single sheet.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this image Julia and it looks gorgeous on the banner. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely little card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!