Wednesday 30 March 2016

Whisper of Wings

Hi Bloggers.

I'm running a couple of workshops up at Creative Expressions HQ today. 2 full sessions and some lovely projects so should be a good day.

Here's today's card -

The background is misted with CS Pixie Powders. I popped some water into a couple of empty mister bottles. I puffed some Peacock Green Pixie Powder into one and some Aqua Lagoon Pixie Powder into the other (you don't need much). I gave them a shake and misted them onto my Coconut White Card, allowing the first one to dry before adding the second.

Once completely dry, I dusted with my anti static bag and them stamped the image from the Justrite Whisper of Wings Stamp Set many times using Cobalt Archival, adding CS Clear Embossing Powder after stamping each one. I heat set them all. I tapped a little Peacock Green Pixie Powder into a palette, added a teeny bit of water and painted the tops of the feathers as shown using a Water Brush. It's necessary to emboss images when painting with a mica based product, otherwise you lose the definition of the image.

I misted another piece of card with my misters and stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Cobalt Archival. I cut it out using a Justrite Vintage Labels 10 Die. I cut the next size die out of Emerald Card. I cut a Justrite Stitched A2 Banners & Rectangles Die out of Cobalt Card.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

My next workshop in Milton Keynes is on Saturday 16th April. It's a masks masterclass packed full of techniques using these fabulous inexpensive pieces of equipment and yes, we will be using the new Pixie Powders! You can book via my website here.

Lisa Horton is launching a One Day Special on Hochanda this evening starting at 8pm. Hope you can tune in - she has some brand new MDF and co-ordinating stamps. I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock from the shows on my website here. Offer applies till midnight tomorrow night or while stocks last.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (30th March) - Sue Wilson Classic Itty Bitty Bow only £5.99!

31 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a very pretty card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card Thank you.
    Have lots of fun and take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, beautiful card today xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    Can't wait for my Pixie powders to arrive. You do such pretty cards with them.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia
    Unusual coloured card today but still pretty.
    Would ideally suit the men in our lives.
    Enjoy your workshops today , we do not get any here(Hull) that I know of, which is such a shame.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, really lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, todays card is stunning, love the colours, the feather stamp is gorgeous. Have a great day with the workshops. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colour, Julia and the stamp is great. Hope you have fun at the workshops.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, gorgeous card today, love the feather stamp.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, A very lovely card. Enjoy your workshops today.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, A very lovely card. Enjoy your workshops today.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Hope you have a good day at the workshops. Lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia
    A lovely card, gorgeous colours.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the colours and the stamps. I hope the workshops go well. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your blue cards Julia, they always appeal and this is no exception!
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love today's card love today's card Julia the colours are brill and the feather stamp thank you love June Horrocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting techniques used here to make a lovely card. Aren't the pixie powders great. Looking forward to today's workshops, must go and make my packed lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How beautiful is this ?
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia,
    I do like these colours together Julia! Lovely card and will watch Lisa tonight! Thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is different for you. Julia but I like the strong colours.
    Hope all goes well for Lisa.
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  21. A really versatile card here today Julia, very pretty, love that feather stamp....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the background and those peacock feather are fabulous.
    I love the vibrant colour and design of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. The background is lovely, great stamps, dies and colours. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card Beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia. Gorgeous card, love the repeat stamping technique and another way to use the pixie powders. Hope that you're not too tired after your busy workshop day. Sue XXX

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,
    Very vibrant card today, great looking background with the feather stamp.
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia. This is a pretty card using a lovely sentiment. X

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia. Although it's late I didn't want another day to go by without popping on here to look at your cards. Love today's, gorgeous colour. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  29. HI Julia, i love, love this card. That feathered back ground is so pretty....Love Rosie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card Julia. Sorry I am late. Out all day yesterday and too tired to look at my emailed when I got home.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!