Saturday 12 March 2016

Thinking of you today

Hi Bloggers.

I'm running my first workshop of the year in Yardley Gobion today. Some lovely cards for the ladies to make - should be a good day.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card with the new Creative Expressions Eternal Ivy Embossing Folder.

I cut the largest die in the Spellbinders Astoria Decorative Accents Die Set out of Duck Egg Card. I slotted a die from the Spellbinders Astoria Labels Die Set into the centre of the die cut and ran it through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine to cut the centre out to make a frame.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Elegant Sentiments onto Coconut White Card using Watering Can Archival. I covered it with a piece of Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet and added Cosmic Shimmer Diamond Snow. I cut it out using the middle die in the same die set.

I cut all 3 dies in the Spellbinders Shells Duality Die Set together out of Coconut White Card. I then cut just the 2 outer dies in the set together out of Duck Egg Card and glued the 2 die cuts together.

I assembled the card as shown adding a couple of 5mm White Pearls.

I'll be back tomorrow with a sneak peek from Monday's Justrite One Day Special on Hochanda.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (12th March) - Couture Creations Daffodil Vines only £3.99!

32 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a very delightful card today,hope you have a great day.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    What a beautiful card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia,
    What a pretty card, colours blend so well, the set of dies are so versatile.
    Hope your workshop goes well and you have a great day. Just off onto your website.
    Love and crafty hugs to all.
    Tina T xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, your card today is absolutely lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card I remember the demo, Thank you.
    Take care and have fun kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, a very pretty card today, and love the colour

    Enjoy your Saturday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    You sound as busy as John ! love the crads from this set of dies.
    Enjoy the day and hope it goes well. Wish I could be there!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card Julia. Have a great day. Thank you for my goodies - love John's paper.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia ,I just love the Astoria decorative die .Enjoy your day .Will be watching you on Hochanda on Monday & Tuesday. Gloria (Sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the design the dies are amazing. Enjoy your day it sounds like it will be fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, so pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia
    A lovely card. I love the duality shells die.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia. Beautiful card. Have a great day with the ladies. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia, such a pretty card, love the colours. Have a wonderful day with the workshops in Yardley Gobion. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card Julia the colour is beautiful thank you
    Love June xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another beautiful card Julia, enjoy your day.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia,
    A very pretty card. Hope you have a good day.
    Lydia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another lovely card. Shame I can't be be with you today as I do enjoy your workshops in YG. Unfortunately I don't trust myself to drive distance until I sort my post-cataract surgery prescription lenses out. I hope the day is/was a good one

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty card. Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Julia obviously your favourite die of the moment
    it is also mine. Love the colours. Mavis L x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yes, love this, wish I was closer to attend the workshop....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Great dies, especially the Shells duality die and I love the colour. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia,
    Tremendous Card, I Just Love The Soft Spring Colours Have A Fabulous Workshop.
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    ✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice card Julia, nice colour blue.
    Hope you all having fun at the workshop,
    hope to be around for the next one.
    hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia
    Beautiful card & really has the Art Deco feel to me which I love that era.
    Lovely soft colours & looks amazing.
    Have a good workshop & no doubt there will be plenty of fun & laughter.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx (Norwich)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very Art Deco and makes a refreshing change from seeing Art Deco ladies all of the while

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely crisp and clean looking design today. Nice combination of the Art Deco die cuts. Thank you for sharing your ideas. Wishing you a great fall weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  29. lovely card Julia I would love to win it wendy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi, beautiful card, I've also looked back on all you're cards, as with my illness can not leave a comment, but always see your cards and there is not one I don't like, you have a beautiful mind and I would love to pop in for a few minutes lol keep up the good work, and no I'll be always looking, crafty hugs Julie laz xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!