Thursday 3 March 2016

Thank You

Hi Bloggers.

I started with a piece of Coconut White Card 5 3/4" square. I cut the largest die in the Spellbinders Savoy Decorative Elements. I removed the die and the background throught the Spellbinders Platinum Machine with the new Circuit Board Mask.

I added 3D Foam to the backof my background and matted it onto a piece of Black Card. I glued the Savoy die cut in place into the aperture.

I cut the middle die in same die set out of Black Card. I rubbed Phill Martin Cosmic Shimmer Chic Grey Blue Gilding Wax over the surface. It really looks lovely on the deboss detail on this die cut. It's worth buffing the Gilding Wax with a soft cloth - it removes excess wax, makes the surface smoother and shimmer more.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Petite Lavish Sentiments Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and cut it out using the smallest die in the Savoy Decorative Elements Die Set.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of thin Off White Satin Ribbon and 2 lengths of thin Black Satin Ribbon and added a Black Vintage Button.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 5mm Black Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

My very first post on the Spellbinders Blog was published yesterday. You can see it here. Something very different from me. I get given the collection to work with so quite a challenge! Would be lovely if you could leave a comment on the Spellbinders Blog for me.

Phill Martin's One Day Special continues on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. There's 10% discount on the items I have in stock from his One Day Special here. Offer valid till midnight tonight. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (3rd March) - Spellbinders Romantic Vines Die Set only £12.99!

30 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card again I think this is one you demo'd on one of your shows which I finally managed to get to watch and they were brill as always.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A great card Thank you.
    The card on Spellbinders page is great to, i am not sure how to leave a comment on there.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Julia,
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us all. Very pretty love black and white.
    Background is so unusual .
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia,
    Your Card Is Truly Beautiful I Love Black/White Together They Really Stand Out The Gilding Wax Looks Awesome.
    Thank You For Sharing
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    ✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, it's a beautiful card today x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    I love this type of card. Sharp and so versatile - I think this one is stunning. Love the new mask!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, this card is so elegant, love monochrome combinations. More great use of dies. Have a fab day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card , love that background!
    Off to see your spellbinders post!
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of lovely techniques here Julia. Beautiful card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia another lovely card today, I saw you doing the wax on the black die cut on Hochanda and it looked good but it brings it out on this card.

    Am going to pop over to the spellbinders blog after I have done this one.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. I am just off to look at the Spellbinders blog. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. Interesting background, one that deserves to not be covered very much. I too will now pop across to the Spellbinders blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will go and look at the spellbinder blog I can't wait for retirement so that I had more time to visit more pages! I have so much I need to catch up on - your shows, John's shows, Sue's videos etc Your card is pretty by the way

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,
    Great card, that mask looks like a useful one to have. Will pop over to the spellbinders blog.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    A lovely card, have left a comment on the Spellbinders blog.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great card, Julia. Love the gilding wax.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia
    Lovely card. I really like the background mask.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love this card and the mask is a must.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very clever use of dies. Thank you Julia, love it.
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  20. A gorgeous card Julia and I need that mask. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card Julia saw it on hochanda thank you xxxx
    June Horrocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely idea Julia making a beautiful card
    Elaine h X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I always like a black and white Card. I love the Circuit Board Mask, I think it would be really good for male Cards. I really like the recessed look. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love monochrome cards and this one fits the bill, it is lovely Julia...love that new mask too....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia,
    Fabulous card, don't think you can beat monochrome, always looks stunning!
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card today Julia. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely black and white card. Congratulations on your first Spellbinders blog. X

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!