Tuesday 8 March 2016

To Cheer You

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

Another simple one today - the papers and the dies doing the work for me. If you missed the English Garden Paper Pad, don't miss out on the Craft Consortium Wild Rose 12 x 12 Paper Pad. It should be on my next Spellbinders One Day Special on March 22nd. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Anyway, back to today's card - For the background, I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card with the Creative Expressions Art Deco Fanfare Embossing Folder and edged it with a little Phill Martin CS Frosty Jade Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

I wrapped a piece of Craft Consortium Duck Egg Satin Ribbon around as shown, tied a bow using 2 lengths of the same ribbon and added a Craft Consortium Duck Egg Resin Rose.

I positioned a die from the Spellbinders Astoria Labels Die Set (#3, I think) over a flower spray onone of the textured papers from the English Garden Paper Pad and embossed then cut it out (it's a good idea to emboss plain dies first as they want to jump out of the die if you cut them first making getting them to stay back in the die to emboss a bit harder). I repeated this once more and then cut another out positioning it anywhere on the paper. This last one was for the central panel.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Petite Lavish Sentiments Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Watering Can Archival. I cut it out using #1 die from the Spellbinders Astoria Decorative Elements Die Set. I glued it to the patterned die cut for the central panel.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 8mm White Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

John Lockwood continues with his One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. There's 10% off items I have in stock on my website from the shows until midnight tonight. You can find them here.

I've loaded some lovely new embellishments from Craft Consortium - you can see them here. New Cosmic Shimmer products have started to arrive. The first are new Watercolour Palettes featuring 4 of the Phill Martin colour collections. No pictures yet, sorry. You can find them here. I've also got some new Woodware Stamps here and their updated Fingerguard Trimmer here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (8th March) -  Phill Martin Friendship Verse Collection only £9.99!

31 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, absolutely gorgeous card love the soft colours and the layout.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a very pretty card.
    Take care kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia,
    What a lovely card so simple but the effect is so amazing. The colours are so soft and the flowers on the paper make it a pretty useful card for any occasion,
    Thank you, love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, a lovely card today, love the duck egg blue colouring and the lovely embellishment rose to match the ribbon.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    I think I might need to buy this paper pad. I'll check my wages this week and send you another order soon.Love you craft shop.
    Really pretty card and the papers are so pretty.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, today's card is very pretty, love the 3 panel layout and the shade of blue from the ribbon and the rose. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card Julia I like the layout and the papers are so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the paper and the dies it is a very pleasing design. Have a wonderful day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, so pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, lovely card great layout. Thanks for the head up on new paper pad.Gloria (Sidcup)xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Julia.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card I think tranquill is a word I would use to describe it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, A very lovely card, especially the two patterned panels, I so love this paper.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, A very lovely card, especially the two patterned panels, I so love this paper.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card today Julia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another gorgeous card showing simple can be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card Julia the colour is beautiful the tiny rose is lovely I found quiet a few scattered on the pavement I picked them up of course a good wash and used them all xxxx
    Love June Horrocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Julia do you sell stamping mats please ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk/Creative-Expressions-Stamping-Mat-8mm-Foam-30-x-40-p/cestampmat.htm

      Delete
  20. Hi Julia. Very pretty and I love the scribbled sentiment. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning Julia,
    A very pretty card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,
    Gorgeous card, I love the panels they give a really elegant look and the papers are so pretty.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I think this is such a pretty card, I really like the panels and the paper. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another beautiful paper pad, love the way you have used it on this card, very pretty indeed....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. A very pretty card, Julia. Love the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another gorgeous card, Julia. I love the papers used on here...
    L Rosie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This so very pretty and I love the papers you have used and the way you have created panels to layer the card.
    I really like thie one.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!