Monday 14 March 2016

One Day Special on Hochanda starts this evening

Hi Bloggers.

I'm launching a Justrite One Day Special on Hochanda this evening at 8pm with shows tomorrow too at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. There are some lovely clear stamp sets and die sets to tempt you!

Here's today's card -

This card features - Justrite Peonies Clear Stamp Set, Justrite Peonies & Mason Jar Dies and Justrite Stitched A2 Banners & Rectangles Dies.

I stamped one of the large peonies from the stamp set 4 times and the other large peony twice onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. I cut 3 full flowers with leaves & stems (2 of one image and 1 of the other). I cut just the flowers out on the remaining stamped images. The easiest way to do this is to use a template - the waste from a die cut. I am hoping to demo this - so should make more sense then! I usually cut them out before colouring just in case I mess up the cutting.

I coloured the leaves in first, using Crushed Olive Distress Marker pulling the colour out with a Water Brush. I coloured the flowers using Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord and Wilted Violet Distress Markers, again pulling the colour our with my Water Brush. I added a little Fossilized Amber Distress Marker to the centres of the flowers.

I stamped the mason jar onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using the matching die from the die set. I coloured in using Tumbled Glass and Brushed Corduroy Distress Markers pulling the colour out again.

I stamped the 'Thankful for' and the 'Flowers' from the same stamp set. I cut them out using the label die from the die set and inked around the edges with Clear Day Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

I cut the largest die in the Justrite Stitched A2 Banners & Rectangles Die Set. At the emboss stage I added the Circuit Board Mask. I inked through the die with Phill Martin Chic Viola Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

For the background, I stamped the little peony stamp around the edges of a piece of Coconut White Card using Chic Viola Colour Cloud applied to the stamp using a Smoothie.

I assembled the card as shown, adding the flower heads to the complete flowers with 3D Foam, some 5mm Black Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

As I write this, I currently have stock of all the Justrite Stamps and Dies on tonight's One Day Special. I'm offering 10% discount on all items I have in stock from the shows on my website till midnight tomorrow night.You can find them here. I have other new Justrite stamps and dies in stock here and here. As always, whenever you see highlighted text in a blog post, it's a link, so if you click on it you'll be taken to the product page on my website.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 11th March is ......................

Tina T

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post.

See you later!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (14th March) - Wild Rose Studio Flower Vine Die only £3.99!

41 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a very pretty card love the subtle background. Congratulations Tina t
    Well done lucky lady.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, loving today's card it's beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    What a beautiful card love the colours and the stamps thanks tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Julia,
    This is such an unusual card, very striking and vibrant !!!
    Hope you had a lovely weekend demonstrating, can't wait till tonight for your programme.
    I will send my address for the card - thank you so much!!!
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T ✂️✂️ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia. Gorgeous card, looking forward to your shows, Peonies are one of my favourite flowers so I guess the credit card will be having a little outing!!! Hope you enjoyed your weekend. Congratulations Tina T. Sue XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, this card is really beautiful, love the colours of the flowers. Congrats to Tina T on winning the Freebie Friday card. Hope the shows go well. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    Will set the recorder in case I'm not home in time. Love this card and the stamps. So pretty.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia today's card is beautiful I love the stamps you have used the peonys are so pretty. I hope the shows go well. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. A pretty card Julia. Looking forward to the shows.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. The circuit board embossing folder works well in the background, to my amazement.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Julia , love the stamping .
    Really like justrite and looking forward to your shows,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Barbara Gosden this EF works so well with such a pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia
    Gorgeous card today and i do love your stamping and colouring.
    Looking forward to your shows. Congratulations Tina
    L Rosie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, you are the queen of colouring, and this card is a prime example.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, so looking forward to your shows

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Julia, well done to Tina T x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card and the flower stamps look great, look forward to the shows, xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so beautiful Julia love the stamp and the colouring is fab thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx
    Congrats Tina l got mine last week love it x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia. Looking forward to seeing these stamps, lovely card.
    SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card. Looking forward to seeing stamping shows with you instead of die cutting, I am sure you will come up with ideas to help me improve my skills.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are very good at colouring Julia. Thank you for showing us this sooo pretty card.
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning Julia,
    your card today is beautiful and so skillfully coloured that you see real flowers coming out from the page and not just stamped card. THank you for todays beautiful piece of inspiration Julia, although i do wish that you did more of this still of card where your talents get displayed and appreciated,
    crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil VIllage)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning Julia,
    Beautifully coloured flowers love the card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia,
    Your Card Is "Truly Tremendous" I Have Some Very Similar "JustRite Stamps" That Are Like This But I'm Not Very Good At Getting Them Stamped In Correct Position So I Really Can't Wait For Your Tremendous Shows On Hochanda, Where You'll Share Your Tips And Techniques With Us.
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    ✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Julia.

    I think this is a gorgeous Card. The peonies are beautiful (one of my favourite flowers) the mats and layers are lovely (especially the one stamped with the little peony) and I really like the colour combination. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm hoping you will get to demo this card and I get to see it.

    Congratulations Tina T.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, This is gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia, This is gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. absolutely gorgeous card again today, I love the stamped flowers and the vase.
    Also loved the stamped background.
    I got a bit confused with the shows lol and thought you were on today and have been looking on hochanda thinking where's Julia but have realised it is tonight then tomorrow. Not sure if I am having a blonde moment or a senior moment

    ReplyDelete
  29. lovely card Julia I will be watching tonight from wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh that colouring is so striking, it is beautiful, missed your run last night, have an awful cough, early bed....This is a stunning card...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia.
    A pretty card Thank you.
    Take care Kitty.
    Congratulations to Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, love the way that you have coloured this it's gorgeous.
    Catching up with the posts from the last few days.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello Julia, just settling down ready to watch! Hope everything goes really well.
    Lovely card! Thank you! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the layers Julia and the stamped image is absolutely lovely. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Julia, lovely card and your colouring in is
    Beautiful whatever a certain person saying :-)
    Will have fun watching the shows. Congrats Tina for
    winning the card. Take care, Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Really lovely card Julia. Had to miss the 8pm show so hole it is on Carch Up. Off to look.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Julia
    Stunning & I really love this card & those Peonies are gorgeous.
    Beautiful & so pretty...

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx (Norwich)

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!