Thursday 24 March 2016

Let there be love

Hi Bloggers.

Back from a very busy One Day Special. Hope you enjoyed the shows - they are really lovely dies and that paper pad! Well, I hope you got yours!

Today will be spent doing post, unpacking, washing and trying to sort out the huge amount of website stock that is currently sat in my lounge! I really need to get on with my next post for the Spellbinders Blog and I have a couple of projects to do for Making Cards Magazine. How many hours are there in a day??

Here's today's card -

When I was cutting the dies to go on the sample boards, I thought the waste from the little berries die in the Spellbinders Labels Fifty Decorative Accents looked like it would be good to ink through. So, in a moment of madness, I cut the die many times in a square of foundations card to make my own mask. I used my mask to create my background, first inking though it onto Milk Card with CS Rose Blush Colour Cloud applied using a Smoothie. I then rotated my mask and inked through it with CS Spring Bluebell Colour Cloud applied using a Smoothie. I ran my Rose Blush inked Smoothie around the very edges of the card.


I stamped the sentiment from Phill Martin's Mini Baroque Inspirational Sentiments Stamp Set onto Milk Card using Cobalt Archival. I cut it out using a Spellbinders Labels 50 Decorative Accents die and inked through the die with Rose Blush Colour Cloud.

I cut the largest die in the same set out of Milk Card and again inked through the die with Rose Blush Colour Cloud.

I cut the 4 flower die and the swag die from the Spellbinders Floral Berry Accents Die Set out of Milk Card and inked through the die with Rose Blush Colour Cloud. I popped some CS True White Detail Embossing Powder into a bag and added a little CS Phill Martin Chic Magenta Mica Powder and gave it a shake. I added Clear Perfect Medium, my embossing powder mix and heat set. I shaped the flowers and added them to the swag die cut.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Cream Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Pixie Powders are now in stock and any orders placed over the last few days will be sent out today. Here's a reminder of some of the cool backgrounds you can make with them - you can even paint with them. Any cards not yet seen here on the blog will be featured very soon!



You can find all 20 colours of Pixie Powders on my website here. £2.99 each.

Cosmic Shimmer Brilliant Sparkle Embossing Powders which sold out very quickly on last week's Justrite One Day Special are now in stock. You can find them here. Here's a reminder of a few of the cards I've made with them -
I have also received stock of the new CS Metallic Gilding Polishes as shown on Hochanda on John Lockwood's shows earlier this week. You can find them here. I have 9 of the 12 colours. I will watch out for stock of the 3 missing colours to become available.

I also have another brand new Cosmic Shimmer product called Diamond Dust. It's an ultra fine glitter that looks different on white and black card. You can find them here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (24th March) - Sue Wilson Tessa Die Set only £12.99!

36 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card and a fantastic background love it all.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful set of cards,,just catching up with the recorded shows,great idea the home made mask

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, beautiful card today, but you have given us a treat with a selection of other beautiful cards x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia
    Wow what a selection of new products, the decision will be which ones do I want/need lol (all of them)
    I love today's card especially the background you have created I love the colours you have selected too. The other cards you have shown are great too.
    Your a very clever lady xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Julia xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia. Lovely card, you're very inventive with your backgrounds, thanks for the inspiration. Wow - it sounds like you have a VERY busy day today. What are Cosmic Shimmer doing to us - so many "must have" new products, will wait to see the pixie powders used before I buy though. Sue XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    Love your card today so dainty. Thank you for sharing all the ideas with us.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia.
    Thank you very much for all the brilliant shows yesterday.
    The cards are lovely. Take it easy, sorry to have to remind you but we lose an hour this weekend. Take care and have fun.Sorry Kitty. I never have enough hours in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, today's card is beautiful, the background is super, great idea to try. Love all the other cards you have shown. The shows were fab, packed with inspiration as always. I really want to get some of the pixie powders and gilding polishes, so may just buy myself an early birthday present. Take care, hopefully you get through all your tasks. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous selection of cards, all lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia all the cards are gorgeous. You are very busy. There are so many exciting new products about I am going to be very poor. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    I really enjoyed your shows! you must be shattered. All the cards turned out stunningly! Love 'em. Will buy some of the dies from your website once my paperpad arrives.
    Anne M XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, wow what a lovely display of samples, I really like the technique used on the first one too.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shows again Julia, I loved all the cards you made. What a good idea, to make your own mask!
    Carolyn B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card as always, dies, paper and colours all blend so well.
    Thanks for letting us know about the gilding wax.
    Loved all your shows on Hochanda and the demos are fantastic.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea for the background, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Julia. It's been expensive already as I've just bought some gilding polishes and pixie powders. Loved both the products when I saw you and John demoing them.
    Lovely card and great ideas again yesterday. Thank you.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your moment of madness Julia!!
    Great card , super shows,
    XxxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a varied lot of cards - all beautiful. Loved the shows and demonstrations.
    Many thanks,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia
    The first card is absolutely gorgeous and I love love love the background.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia. I love this card, thinks its the background that's made it. Will be interested to see the Pixie Powders. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning Julia,
    Love the background you have created, and a reminder of your cards.
    I'm going to watch your shows on catch up as I was out yesterday.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoyed seeing how you used a die to make a mask, the end result was lovely. Still got a show to catch up on which is on the tv as I type. Roll on the next ones. And you already have the new Christmas ones in March.........hell's bells!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love all the samples Julia your shows were great yesterday thank you
    Love June Horrocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia
    A very lovely card and background, i do hope you get a little me time in your bust day.
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is SUCH a very pretty card Julia - I LOVE it! Great shows! Hugs Gilly x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Julia,
    What a lovely card! It's so pretty - genius idea for the background! That's got me thinking!
    Some beautiful new products ! Loved the Shows I saw but still have two to watch on Catch up! Take a deep breath!
    Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Julia.

    Beautiful Card. I love this one, your background is so pretty and I love the colours used. I did see the demo of this in other colours, very clever idea. Thanks for sharing.

    The demo's were great, the cards you have posted are lovely, I can see it is going to get expensive with all the new products.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  30. It is a shame that housework has to get in the way of crafting. Says she with a large pile of dirty dishes to do. Sometimes great ideas come out of the pink/blue like that - it is a lovely background. I have ordered the Rose Blush and Bluebell colour clouds, as I liked the colours on the telly and they look just as good here on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Julia that is a fabulous mask and very pretty, I must think about how to use my waste card and paper more often.
    I love the pretty colours and the layout of this card.
    And oh all those wonderful new crafty items coming out are so tempting especially the sparkle embossing powder which I must get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Forgot to say how beautiful all the other cards are, love every single one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think you need to book yourself a rest Lovely background and the Pixie dusts have missed my radar! All cards are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia,
    Another lovely card today, you have made some beautiful cards with these new dies.
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  35. Loved your shows Julia. I saw you demo this card and thought the background that you created is absolutely beautiful. Yet another clever technique - thank you! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Another beautiful card Julia.....love the other selection too, you sure are one busy lady...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!