Tuesday 29 March 2016

Wishing you a happy day

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I started by dusting a piece of Bright White Card with an Anti Static Bag. I inked up the main die in the Spellbinders Houndstooth Die Set with Clear Perfect Medium using a Brayer and ran it through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine with my dusted card using the emboss sandwich. The transferred to the deboss pattern. I dusted Phill Martin Decadent Bamboo Mica Powder over the surface using asoft brush and removed the excess with a dry wet wipe. I cut the background out using the outer die from the same set.

I stamped the sentiment from John Lockwood's Pierced Tag Sentiments Stamp Set onto Bright White Card using Fern Green Archival. I cut it out using the banner die from the Spellbinders Floral Berry Accents Die Set and inked through the die with CS Phill Martin Decadent Bamboo Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

I cut the corner die from the Floral Berry Accents Die Set , both the leaves and the die that cuts 4 flowers, inking through the dies with Decadent Bamboo Colour Cloud.


I assembled the card as shown adding some Rhinestone Gems and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (29th March) - Apple Blossom Spray Stamp Set only £2.99!


30 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, what a beautiful card today xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, this card is fab, watched the demo, and really liked how you have used the Houndstooth die. The flower dies are great too. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    Another lovely card Thank you.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, a gorgeous card love the way you have used the die for the background.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, a wonderful card today using the spellbinders, so unusual too.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, quite different. Could be used for many occasions.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    That is a lovely card. I love houndstooth! Saving my money for a new release but will be buying this one soon.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, This is absolutely gorgeous !! I love how you have done the background, so very effective, I love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, This is absolutely gorgeous !! I love how you have done the background, so very effective, I love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card. Many thanks Julia,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this background, Julia. Great card.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia and crafters all,
    Thank you for another unusual card, colour way is nice. Love the corner dies.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. I love the design. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved this card when I saw it demoed loved the colour and the dies
    Thank you for sharing
    Love June Horrocks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    I hope you had a good weekend?
    Lovely card.
    Lydia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia
    A lovely card, I enjoyed the demo of this card on Hochanda.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. love how you have done the background,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. It looks so clean and fresh, I love the Houndstooth Die. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful clean looking card Julia.
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Julia ,
    I do think this makes a lovely background for a man's card too!
    Really like this one. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love this houndstooth die set, very versatile.....a really lovely card...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved this die when I saw you demo it. It is one of those dies that will be used over and over as it's perfect for any type of card and for both sexes. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card Julia, like how you made the
    background with the houndstooth die.
    Hope to see you soon in MK.
    hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a pretty card Julia; love the background. Thank you for my order which arrived today. You are always so prompt. Just about to try the gilding paste.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  25. I must try this effect I saw you do this on Hochanda and loved the result Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, this is a gorgeous card, love the houndstooth die set!!
    Hugs Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. OOH that background is fab, I love it.
    I never think to just emboss my dies but will look at them more closer now as I love the pattern of this one.
    And I love the clean and simple look of it but it is still beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!