We're back to Ethel & Murray again today. I know that some of you don't like the images but I just haven't had time to make a card just for the blog today. I'm not even sure if I like this card myself. In fact, as I look at it, I can think of something I would have done differently if I made it again. I certainly did a lot of faffing around to even get it to this stage!
Anyway, here it is
The backing paper is called Floral Dream and is from the Foundations Paper range from Creative Expressions.
I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Well Adjusted Women Stamp Set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Coffee Archival. I cut this out using the largest but one of the Labels Twenty-Five dies. I inked around the image with Dusty Concord Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I stamped and embossed the image again on a smaller piece of card. This is the image I coloured in. I stamped and embossed the image again on the reverse side of the Floral Dream Paper and cut out just the dress. I used a selection of Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks to colour the image. I glued the paper dress to the image using Cosmic Shimmer Glue. I cut the image out with scissors and a craft knife and mounted on top of the un-coloured image using 3D Foam Pads.
I cut a frame out of black card using the largest of the Labels Twenty-Five dies for the outside and a Labels Fourteen for the inside. At the emboss stage I added the Creative Expressions Bark Embossing Folder. The Grand Calibur sandwich you need for this is Base Plate, approx 15 sheets of copy paper, embossing folder, dies with card with cutting edges face up, Tan Mat, Creative Expressions Embossing Plate. Do not close your folder - you will damage it. I mounted the frame on top of the image using 3D Foam Pads.
I made 2 flowers using the Floral Dream paper and the Creative Expressions Floral Embossing Folder. You can see how to do this in the video tutorial in this post. I cut some leaves out of white card using the Spellbinders Damask Accents die set. I inked through the die with Dusty Concord using Cut n Dry Foam. I cut some more leaves out of lavender card using the Spellbinders Foliage die set. I added these to my frame.
I stamped the sentiment onto some white card using Coffee Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Labels Four and inked through the die with Dusty Concord. I cut a mat out of black card using Labels Four Small.
I ran a piece of 6mm Hi-Tack Tape down the length of the card at the side and ruffled some Mauve Rose American Seam Binding along it. I think here, it would have looked better if I had added some black crochet ribbon first. I tied a bow using 2 lengths of the ribbon and added a polka dot button that I bought from Sam here with some Baker's Twine from the Vintage Set tied through it.
I finished the card off with some Creative Expressions Black Rhinestone Swirls.
Let me know what you think - I know you will!
Don't forget you still have time to leave a comment for a chance to win a demo card in this post.
Thanks for stopping by.