Wednesday 20 June 2012

Warm Winter Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

I know it's only June and the sun keeps making an appearance but as a card maker I'm sure you know that making your own cards and tags takes time so it's never too early to start.

Today I'm sharing a tag, simply because I had some ink left on my craft sheet after dying some ribbon. Rather than just wiping it up like I usually do I decided to use it on a tag.



I had some Pine Needles Distress Ink on my craft sheet. I spritzed it with some water and dragged a tag through it. I then dried it with my heat tool, blotted the tag into the remaining ink, dried it and repeated the process until all the ink was used up. I then swiped some Broken China Distress Ink across my craft sheet, spritzed it with water and did the same as I had done with the pine needles ink.

I then stamped a few snowflakes from the Creative Expressions Snowflakes and Sprigs Stamp Set using Broken China Distress Ink and a few sprigs from the same stamp set using Pine Needles Distress Ink.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Winter Greetings Stamp Set onto milk card using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using one of the Spellbinders Holiday Tags dies. I inked through the die with Pine Needles Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I cut another Holiday Tag out of green card adding the Small Polka Dots Mask at the emboss stage.

I positioned both the Holiday Tags at the hole in the main tag. I threaded some blue Baker's Twine from the Vintage Set and some green from the Primary Set through the holes.

Don't forget that Sue is launching a Christmas Spellbinders Pick of the Day tonight at 9pm on Ideal World. Pop over to her blog for a sneeky peek.

I'll be back tomorrow with a card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

25 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, what a good idea, it's never too early to start Christmas cards, tags etc. am primed for Sue's show and look forward to yours as well.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia loving the tag very easy to make and lovely looking xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tag Julia. Looking forward to Sue's show tonight!
    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Julia, I love the colours. Will have to give this a go.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely - great colour. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tag Julia, you're right it's never to early to start for Christmas and now I am wondering when I'll have the time between all the other craft projects I have..eeek! Looking forward to Sue's launch show tonight , Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tag Julia - don't mind seeing what others do for xmas early but not for me starting in June lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours of this tag Julia, really pretty

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, love this tag and yes, we need to get started on Christmas or it will be too late! Looking forward too to Sue's and your shows. Enjoy your day! Hugs Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia

    I love the colours of the inks that you have used and the tag looks gorgeous

    I am still not ready for doing Christmas havent had my summer yet!!!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Julia. Love the colours and that stamp is fabulous. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tag so cute and elegant. Definately going to try this.
    Waterford

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia
    This is a great idea, one not wasting the ink but two your making a gift tag each time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this I love luscious tags to complete a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,
    This is a great tag and a fantastic way to use up left over ink.
    Best wishes
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice! Have made backing papers myself in a similar way with the left over spray on my mat. Sorry can't even start thinking about christmas yet but good luck with the shows. Teresa (Nottingham) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, A good idea for using left over ink. Looking forward
    to see new dies tonight not started on xmas yet but you never know.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely way of using up ink on a craft sheet Julia. These are nice colours and a little bit different! Not had a single thought about Christmas until today and I am now thinking of making cards - well in advance!

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia
    Well that was clever of you . love how the colours mixed together. every effective.
    joyce.e

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab tag! The colours go so well together xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it Julia. Such a soft background which works so well with the main images. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this tag - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely Julia, reminds me that I need an early start on my festive cards this year. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really pretty tag, the colours are so soft but very festive

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia lovely tag and colours really nice. Enjoyed shows with Sue. Loved tree and poinsettia dies looking forward to your shows
    Carol E

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!