Saturday 30 June 2012

Grandchildren

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm going all red, white & blue with Ethel and Murray. Neither of them look very happy in this image!


For the background I popped some white card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Cultivated Embossing Folder. I put it through a second time to extend the pattern. I inked all over with Barn Door Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Wrinkles Don't Hurt Stamp Set using Cobalt Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured the image in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I cut it out using Spellbinders Classic Squares Large and inked around the edges with Faded Jeans Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam while still in the die. I cut a mat out of cobalt card using Spellbinders Eyelet Squares.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Cobalt Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I inked around the edges with Faded Jeans and mounted it on to some cobalt card.


I cut a 1" strip of cobalt card and cut a pattern in it using the Spellbinders Edgeabilities Classic Postage Stamp. I glued a strip of red card behind it. I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Royal Blue American Seam Binding and added a Playhouse Posie and button to the centre. I added a couple of Playhouse Pins to the back of the bow.


I finished the card off by piercing around the edges with my Tim Holtz Design Ruler.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Julia,love the red, white and blue theme, lovely card, love the sentiment.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, super card! Love the colours, I've been really into the red white and blue this year, wonder why?:) Love the bow! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours in this Julia - I like several of the ethel & Murray imaes but not sure about the sentiments yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia I like this card and all of the colours. The layout is great and sentiment funny
    Carol E x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, whilst not a fan of the stamps I like how you have brought the background embossing and the edgeabilities strip into the colour theme for this card. Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card hun, love the red, white and blue theme, great image and sentiment too. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card. Nice colours and the sentiment reay made me smile.
    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia. Great card. I love how you have used the border, I usually put mine in the left but I love yours at the right

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another brilliant Ethel and Murray card, love the sentiment

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, Love the patriotic theme going on in this card, I love red, white and blue, they complement each other. Love the edgeability border, I don't have any of those yet, they will have to go on my 'wish list', they look beautiful. Love the sentiment, it really made me smile. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, another fab card, love the colours, I intend using the same stamp and sentiment for my anniversary card this year. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia lovely card love the colour ways used xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the whole red white and blue thing going on at the minute too. I have been making scrapbook layouts with this theme and my mam has been making cards on the same theme. I have posted some on my blog if you want to have a look I would love to know what you think! Love your work. Happy Saturday, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, another fab card, these colours work so well and its a shame we've only got around to using them together this year! Another great stamp and sentiment, i think this stamp is more versatile than the other ethel ones.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another one to make me smile Julia - love the red, white and blue. I've always felt that they were American, but this really makes them look English. Brilliant design and I just lurve those pins!!

    Hugs Sue P xx

    PS The new stamp sneeky peek is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julie, For once I like this card of Ethel and Murray! I like the sentiment..I always like your cards and the thought you put into the layout etc, but like Jackie, am just not keen on these stamps normally.I love the colours and dies you've used...:) Enjoy your day...xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wonder if Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip could relate to Ethel and Murray. I just love them because I can think of a few couples they remind me of!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi love the colours, layout and pins but I don't think ethel and murray will ever be in my crafty stash! Love the new stamps and card might just have to indulge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, love the red, white and blue and the edgeability die down the side. Brilliant sentiment.
    Hugs Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi julia. In tenerife had problems logging on but hopefuly fixed now. Love the card not keen on ethel and murray
    but would replace them but follow the outline. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!