Tuesday 26 June 2012

Shaped Christmas Card

Hi Bloggers.

Today I thought I'd share a shaped Christmas card that I demonstrated in the 8pm show last Friday. It doesn't stand up exactly straight as the tree is shaped at the bottom. You could also use it as a tag.



I folded an A5 piece of white card in half. I popped the largest of the Spellbinders 2010 Holiday Tree dies up against the fold with the left-hand bottom two edges of the die overhanging the fold so as to leave the fold intact. Ran it through the Grand Calibur and then I had my card blank.

I ran another piece of white card with the same die through the Grand Calibur. With the card still in the die, I stamped a sprig from the Creative Expressions Snowflakes and Sprigs stamp set using Pine Needles Distress Ink around the edges. Keeping the card still in the die, I then inked with Pine Needles using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Winter Greetings Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using one of the larger bauble dies from the Spellbinders Holiday Tags die set. I inked with Pine Needles while still in the die. I added a bow of Baker's Twine from the Earthtones set.

You could make lots of these with different distress inks. In the show, I made one with Tea Dye Distress Ink.

I see that Create & Craft are repeating one of the shows from last Friday at 2am tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. Thought I'd mention it in case you missed the shows.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, I saw you demo this on one of your shows and was impressed. A great idea to make a batch ready for Xmas pressies.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia

    I saw you make this on C&C - it was a great show - and I thought it a great idea for tags. You could use it as a mini card on a bigger card too

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag must get some of these xmas tags. Payday tomorrow!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  4. This die makes a lovely tag
    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia,
    Saw this on C & C. Nice simple but effective card especially at Christmas when we all need to make lots.

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia.
    Love it, yes we need simple makes for the marjority of our xmas cards as so many to make. I think that you could cut the botton straight on this to make it stand up, or just cut the back one straight and it should still stand up.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, simple but effective and helps with the postage and would make a lovely tag. Like the colour very much. If I have one of my can't get to sleep nights I will definitely turn on the computer at 2am, thanks for letting us know.
    Hugs Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Julia - especially the spriggy bits around the edges. It is definitely one to try.

    Thanks again for all your ideas.

    Hugs Sue P xxx

    PS The card I won in the blog prize arrived this morning - it is even nicer in the 'flesh' so to speak!!! I love all the embossing on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia i did see you demo this one lovely idea for tags as you say xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi julia
    what a lovely card great idea
    thankyou for your inspiration
    best wishes
    norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and idea Julia, thanks for sharing! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. watched this demo fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple but very effective, I like your idea of doing it in different colours

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!