Friday 1 June 2012

Of Corsets Your Birthday Again!

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing this card -


I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Vintage Lingerie Stamp Set using Plum Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut the image out with scissors.

I cut a Spellbinders Labels Nineteen out of burgundy card. At the emboss stage I added the Couture Creations Houndstooth Embossing Folder. The Grand Calibur sandwich you need for this is base plate, approx 15 sheets copy paper (or a few sheets of card), embossing folder, die with card in it with cutting edge FACE UP - DO NOT CLOSE the folder, tan mat, Creative Expressions Embossing Plate.


I cut 4 Damask Motifs out of milk card and attached them at the back of the Labels Nineteen die cut. I cut a couple of Elegant Posts out of black card. I trimmed off the long bit from each and then used the swirly bits to 'hold hands' with the Damask Motifs. I added this to some pretty polka dot backing paper from My Mind's Eye Lost and Found.


I stamped my sentiment from the same stamp set and cut it our using Ribbon Tags Trio Three. I threaded some Black Silky Crush Ribbon through it and secured it to the back of my card.

I assembled the card as shown and added some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edge.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, I love the corset very feminine and your choice of colours interesting.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Julia. And Happy Birthday to you. hope you have a fab day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG absolutely DIVINE!!!
    Morning Julia by the way.
    It exactly what I was looking as I have a 40th birthday card to make for tomorrow.
    I'm totally goinhg to pagarise at least half of it.
    After all why mess with simple and elegant perfection??
    When are you back on TV?
    Any clue?
    Have a wonderful bank holiday and kick back and relax.
    Hugs
    Celina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back on tv again tomorrow - details in left-hand side bar. Julia.

      Delete
  4. Its gorgeous have a lovely day, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Julia, i ve not got these stamps yet but have the other corset ones so may give this a try with those xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this one - thank you. I have some of the dies including the posts but struggle with ideas as to how to use them Struggle no more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, this is lovely and I like the way you have used the posts, another great creation, thanks for the inspiration. Have a lovely day, Christine H x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia, lovely card great add libbing too.
    Nancyd x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia

    This is gorgeous and it is such a versatile layout too cos could be easily adapted to make a mans card

    Thanks for your inspiration

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia,
    Great card, love how you have used the damask motifs and the elegant posts. really like this card.
    Best wishes
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!