Sunday 24 June 2012

Poinsettia and Holly

Hi Bloggers,

I hope you don't mind me sharing some more Christmas samples from the shows on Friday. I thought it might be good to share as I know some of you will have purchased some or all of the dies.



For the background I popped a piece of white card through the Grand Calibur with the Fretwork mask.

I cut the large motif from the Spellbinders Holly Motif die set and 2 corners from the Holly Accents die set out of green card. I inked through the dies with Pine Needles Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.



I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Winter Greetings stamp set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Bright Gold Metallic Embossing Powder. I cut it out using a die from the Holly Accents die set. I inked through the die again with Pine Needles Distress Ink.



I cut out the 3 smallest of the Layered Poinsettia dies out of red card and the next size out of green card. I inked through all the dies with Pine Needles. I assembled the poinsettia and added a half pearl to the centre.

I assembled the card as shown and added a Creative Expressions Self Adhesive Pearl Swirl.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, I recorded your shows and guess what, I caught up with one of your shows last night and this was the card you demoed. I laughed so much at the antic with Nigel I found it hard to concentrate on the demo but now I have all the instruction here. The "late night" shows are such a hoot especially with Nigel, Dean and of course Leonie, oh forgot the crew. Love it.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Julia, the dies are on my 'next to get' list.

    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one thinl it would look equally stunning in white on white or black and white. Loved the shows. When you back?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, amazing card, love your demo's on C & C !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia simple and elegant card loving the colours very christmasy xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, that is absolutely beautiful, and very traditional Christmas colours. love it. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia, what a lovely traditional card. I have always been a bit unsure about buying christmas dies because I thought they could only be used at Christmas time. Thank you for showing us they can be used all year round too. I would love the poinsettia set.

    (Carry on making us laugh), hugs Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia

    I loved this card when I saw it on C&C and seeing it close up shows how beautiful it is

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a Fabulous card, This is a modern traditional Christmas card, (Iknow that sounds a bit contradictory in words, but i didn't know how else to describe it)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,

    Saw you demo this one. Looks even better close up.
    Sort of card that brings memories of ages past; traditional and elegant.

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, very elegant, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia from a lovely sunny cornwall!
    I love these poinsettia dies which i already have, and yes i have used them to make a flower all year, in purple they look like a clematis. I love the layout of this card, with the simple joy sentiment. The swirl brings it altogether.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous card Julia - I love the holly sets they are so pretty especially in mirri/foiled card. I think the poinsettia set is another one for my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very Christmasy colours, just love it, thank you for sharing it with us x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia - this is a lovely card in my favourite traditional colours! I had the holly dies last year and used them soooo much - they were really useful. One of my favourite christmas sets. I know they will be used again this year.

    Still laughing about you and Nigel on the shows the other day.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, this card is gorgeous and very much my type of Christmas card. Have the holly dies but need the poinsettia so this is my next purchase. Have loved all your Christmas cards but this one is now my favourite. Thanks for sharing. Now off to watch the football. Hugs Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    Great card, love the poinsettia
    Best wishes
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, love the way the inking has brought out the poinsettia details, regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the idea that you've used the biggest in green :D

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!