Monday 25 June 2012

Greetings of the Season

Hi Bloggers,

Here's today's Christmas card!



I ran a piece of white card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Wild Poinsettia Embossing Folder. The sandwich you need for this is base plate, folder with card inside, tan mat, Creative Expressions Embossing Plate. I popped it through a second time to extend the pattern I inked all over the background with Broken China Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I cut the largest of the Spellbinders 2010 Heirloom Ornament dies out of white card and inked through the die around the edges with Broken China. I cut all the snowflakes out of the Spellbinders Create-A-Flake Three using cobalt, deep blue and white card. I inked through the white one with Broken China. I layered all the snowflakes up with 3D foam and popped them onto the bauble. I cut a piece of white silky crush ribbon in half length-ways and tied a bow. I tied a bow of Baker's Twine out of the Vintage Set and popped that on top. Then I added a Creative Expressions Medium Circle Dazzler.



I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Winter Trees stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using one of the Spellbinders Holiday Tags die set. I inked through the die with Broken China and added a Baker's Twine bow.



I finished the card with some Creative Expressions Self-Adhesive Pearl Swirls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in white.

Sam Poole is on Create & Craft at 9am and 3pm today. Tune in for some great techniques.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

23 comments:

  1. WOW Julia, gorgeous simply gorgeous.
    Waterford - Ire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and effective, love the colour combos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia. Love this card especially the colours. Had a lovely day yesterday playing with my grand calibur. Can't wait to get more dies and play some more. Ju

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, another fabulous card, the colours are stunning. Keep the ideas coming. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, on opening your blog I my first impression was "what a lovely card". Don't know if it was the colour or design but just love this card. Will watch Sam today. Had a sneak look at the majestic dies on YouTube and they look fab.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Julia,love the colours! Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Julia this is gorgeous, lovely colours and fab layout.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    Another lovely, fresh Christmas card.
    Can't wait for my new dies to arrive.
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful winter card. I always lean towards the blues and frosty colours for christmas cards. Wonder what that says about me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Card Julia really like the colours and design you have used. will be watching Sam later on today xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Julia

    I do like those heirloom dies they are so useful for adding other pieces to... Love the colours too

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful card Julia. I love the heirloom dies they are so pretty! Love the colours you've used. Will watch Sam later today!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this beautiful card, Julia:D

    Lisa
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Julia
    What a stunning card, my first thought on seeing it was WOW!!!!!!, blue is my fav colour to use at xmas so it could be that be i just think the whole card works together. I have the more round xmas bauble dies but still think it would work like this. Keep up the fab work for us paper addicts!
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is stunning Julia, agree colour combo and design are fabulous.

    May I ask and I hope it's not a daft question, can you tell me where you purchased the alphabet from to do the Noel etc. Thanks Julia.

    Hugs Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another winner Julia, very pretty

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia - another really lovely card and my favourite bit is the blue around the edges of the dies. I think it makes it look so wintery and cold! I love the different shades of blue used. A great Julia creation!

    Hugs Sue P xx

    PS Watched Sam and Dean and giggled out loud - she managed him very well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. another lovely card - such frosty winter colours

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful card Julia, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is stunning love the colours. Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card Julia, love the colour mix xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, first time I have seen these dies put together to make a snowflake, very effective, regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!