Saturday 16 June 2012

Enjoy Your Day

Hi Bloggers.

Here's another card I've made for you guys who follow my little blog. It's a quick easy peasy card which is suitable for a man for any occasion including Father's Day so if you need to made a card quick for tomorrow, here's an idea.



I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Dream Cars Stamp Set using Adirondack Pitch Black Dye Ink Pad. I coloured in using Promarkers - Berry Red, Burgundy, Cool Grey 2 and 5. You can't see it on the photo but I did actually put some acetate in for the front window of the car.



I cut A Spellbinders Lattice Motif out of silver mirri card.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Ribbon Banners and inked through the die with Barn Door Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I assembled the card as shown. The backing paper is My Mind's Eye Lost & Found.

I have updated the side bar with the times of my shows next Friday - they're at 2pm and 8pm.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

20 comments:

  1. Morning Julia,
    A fab card today and I like how you've used Sue's die, a change of colour for the card and it would make a great alternative for a girlie card for those that don't like flowers.
    Have a great day
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, see you are making use of Sue's lattice motifs in this card. A great man's card, colours mix well and the car just does it. Simple but effective.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card love how you've put it all together, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple but effective and a change of stamp could make it suitable for whatever or whoever you wanted! Enjoy (the wet) but therefore crafting perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, a great male card and lovely colours. I am looking at the car like it has just come out of an ornate tunnel but perhaps that's me just being weird LOL! Have a lovely Saturday, Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Julia - perfect male creation and great colours. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card for the 'boys'.

    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julai, lovely guy card, like the stamp, think I will be shot if I buy any more stamps though. Thanks for the inspiration. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, did it again - Julia :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab card Julia and certainly a great design for guys - I like your idea about using acetate for the windscreen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Julia!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A perfect card for the men our lives and I do like this die (but then I say that about all the dies)

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia

    Great card I love how the car looks as though its coming out of a tunnel.

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Julia good news about your shows. Love this card so simple yet as effective xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia, I love this idea where the car looks like it's coming out of a tunnel! Will definitely be using this idea for mens' cards. Thanks for the inspiration...Have a great day...:)..xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Julia, altho the weather not good down here, feel sorry for all those who come to Cornwall for a Holiday!!

    Anyway love the card again, great idea for an acetate windscreen, i also thought you could write the guys name on the number plate to personalise it. Ive already made dads card for tomorrow but love this idea for future makes, must try to track down those stamps as they would be useful in my stash!
    I also think it looks like the car is coming out of a tunnel.
    Best Wishes
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI Julia, great guy card! Looking forward to your shows next week - have a great weekend everyone, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a really nice man's card. I'm always stuck for what to do for men so the stamps are another thing on my wish list(and the backing papers) Thanks Teresa (Nottingham) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card Julia, I really like the paper, it just pops out. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card and I love the papers, they are from one of my all time favourite paper pads.
    Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!