Tuesday 19 June 2012

Test of Your Skill

Hi Bloggers,

I have another Ethel & Murray card today. Well actually, it's Murray and his mates playing golf.



I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Fore Stamp set using Coffee Archival and embossed using Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Two. I inked while still in the die using Vintage Photo Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.



I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using the Coffee Archival and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. I trimmed it with my paper trimmer and inked the edges with Vintage Photo. I matted it on to rust card and then dark brown card.



I cut a border out of white card using the Spellbinders Edgeabilities Classic Ric-Rac - I used the edge and an insert from that set. I inked through the die with Vintage Photo. I cut another border out of rust card with the edge from the Classic Bracket set and the insert from the Classic Postage Stamp set. I put a strip of dark brown card behind the insert to make it stand out more. I added the white border to the backing paper (Creative Expressions Foundations Dot and Dash). I ran a piece of Hi-Tack Tape down the edge of the border and then ruffled some Chalk White American Seam Binding down it. I added the brown border. I tied a small-ish bow out of 2 lengths of the ribbon and added a button to the centre with a little Baker's Twine from the Earthtones Set.

I added the image panel to the card with a few more buttons from my stash.

I matted on to rust, dark brown and then white card. I finished off with some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Choco Brown. Finished card size is 8" x 8".

Hope you like this one.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

24 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, love the colours chosen for this card, still on the fence with Ethel and Murray. The ruffle ribbon and button embellishments just set this off. One card I may have to try,

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, another fab card, and more stamps I want to buy. Will just have to wait and build up the craft fund. Thanks for the inspiration. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love deaign, colours and layout but again not
    keen on stamps but would use others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Julia
    Another great card - I really like the colours you have put together on this card - and the image is fun although any topic but golf is my thought but that is a personal prejudice lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia love the card like how you have used a few button to embellish it, that is something i need to do more of xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Julia, the brown tones are great.

    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia

    Great card for a man even with the ribbon. Got a golf mad hubby so this image would be very useful

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about this card Julia.

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, you have done a fantastic job on this card, I love it!! Great colours and stamping the image in colour rather than the old black just does it for me. Brilliant!!
    Hope the sun is shining on you.
    Hugs Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia
    I love this card and its a definate with a couple of golf mad men in the family! I love it all in mono, and its a great idea for those who either dont like colouring or are new to stamping. Im addicted to buttons so im very happy seeing your buttons.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours of this card and now I am a blogger I can comment on your lovely cards. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, Like todays and yesterdays better I think its the multi colours I am not keen on prefer the kind of monotone.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colours of your card Julia - it is a great design. The buttons are a brilliant addition. Love it.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,
    I love the colours of this card and a fab design
    Best wishes
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,
    Love the coffee colours of this card and the ruffled ribbon looks lovely.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great combinatioin of papers and cards. Today I think the ribbon is apt and looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a lovely card Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Must say these characters are starting to grow on me but don't think any of my card recipients would appreciate them (no sense of humour unfortunately LOL). Your cards give me lots of inspiration for layout and style though and ideas to use some of my older dies that I'd forgotten about or got fed up with and also your explanations are great so Thank You. Teresa (Nottingham) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia I like this one both style,and colours. Thanks for easy to follow instructions
    Carol E

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi Julia, I think Ethel and Murray are superb, they bring fun and lightheartedness into crafting. When are you on C & C next with them, as I'm finding it difficult to find these in craft shops?

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee.
      I'm waiting for a date for a show with these stamps. Hopefully it will be some time in July.
      Regards,
      Julia

      Delete
  21. Hiya Julia, Just recently discovered your site after watching you on C & C. Think your demos are so clear and easy to follow. Thanks for all your tips and keep up the good work. I love this card, but too am finding difficult locating the stamps. Would love to do this card for hubby's next birthday, as he is golf mad!

    Thanks.

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Di,
      If your local stockist can't sort you out, you can ring Creative Expressions direct on 01536 481 778. Ask to speak to the shop and they should be able to sort you out.
      Julia

      Delete
    2. Thanks Julia. Much appreciated. xx

      Delete

Only positive comments please!