Thursday 14 June 2012

A Little Twinkle

Hi Bloggers,

I'm determined to win some of you over to Ethel & Murray so today's card is very bright as a contrast to the awful weather we've been having lately.

This is one of Ethel's mates and as you can see she's into her keep fit even though she's 'over 70 baby!'



The background paper is the same as the stripey one I used in yesterdays post - just the other side. It's Creative Expressions Foundations Dot and Dash Paper.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Well Adjusted Women Stamp Set onto a 3" x 4" piece of white card using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I inked around the edges with Mustard Seed Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image again onto a piece of white card that was just big enough using the Coffee Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I coloured this image using a selection of Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks and then cut it out using scissors and a craft knife. I added 3D foam pads to to the back and then some glue stick - this meant that I could mount the coloured image on top of the uncoloured version and move it till it was lined up perfectly.



I cut a frame for the image out of yellow card using Spellbinders Lattice Rectangles and Large Labels. It makes such a pretty frame, don't you think? I glued the frame to the image using Cosmic Shimmer Glue and mounted the whole lot onto 3d foam pads.

I cut 2 borders out of yellow card and edged them with the Spellbinders Edgeabilities Classic Bracket (I so want 2 sets of those!). I cut 2 strips of green card and cut an insert in them using the Spellbinders Edgeabilities Classic Postage Stamp. I glued them together and added them to my card.



I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Coffee Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Large Labels and inked through the die with the Mustard Seed Distress Ink. I made a faux nestie out of yellow card (draw round the outside of the die and cut out with scissors). I added this to the card using 3d foam pads.

Are you swayed? I'll keep trying.

Don't forget that Sue is launching her new dies on Create & Craft today at 11am and 4pm.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

20 comments:

  1. Oh Julia, I am not completely won over, don't know if it's the colours you have used, a bit garish for me, although I do like colour, but something ........ Well can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's an age thing I am getting on a bit but don't want to admit to it lol.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely card Julia love the colours and the stamp and sentiment are great too. xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have to win me over Julia....I love these stamps.

    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real sunshiny card Julia and my wrinkles could do with a bit of twinkle

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these stamps too, they always give me a giggle! Great blue hair! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia,
    great card and great colours but just not my style.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, not swayed at all sorry, those stamps don't do it for me, but I would use the card layout for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the stamps and sentiments they are so funny. Not sure about the colours of todays card but I love the layout

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, in a funny way I do like them and what you have done with them is fantastic but they are not something I have on my wish list. The colours are great, Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like some of your other readers I like the layout and you have given me ideas with my dies but the stamps are not for me, sorry! Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia from a very wet and windy Cornwall, so its a day of crafting for me with C&C on in the background!

    Ive always loved these stamps as im not into the furry cuddly animal stamps which seem to be popular, these stamps remind me of my nan so maybe thats why i like them, she never let her age, aches & pains stop her from doing anything, and she was a right character which these stamps are.
    I love this card and the colours used, nice use of the borders too, a great layout for male cards as not 'bogged' down with embellishments.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, I can vouch for the wet & windy Cornwall as live on the Moors here!! But on to the card:I LOVE the colour and the layout and the dies, but unfortunately, I don't like these stamps..They are just not my style either, but I'm sure lots of others will like them..10 out of 10 for trying to win me over..lol..Enjoy your day...:)..xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the stamps Julia and love the style of the card but tbh not keen on the colours. For me too bright even though I love bright colours perhaps it's the yellow and green together?

    But as I say love the style and it still gives me inspiration for other cards so that you xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love these stamps and the sentiments Julia, they are just so much fun. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thought I'd tuned in to a Norwich City supporter, with the green and yellow. Is this one for Delia Smith. I just find these stamps and sentiments hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  17. Again stamps not to my taste but colours uplifting and like the layout! Have you got Sue's new dies? Would love to see what you do with those as have ordered the accents! Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore the card and the colours even though the image isn't really to my taste. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia,
    Great card yet again.
    Best wishes
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia Not too sure on the colours but like the card and thr stamps Carol E

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!