Thursday 21 June 2012

Joy

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing a card made with a couple of the dies that are in the Pick of the Day that Sue is doing on Create and Craft today.



I stamped the feather from the Creative Expressions Design Elements Stamp set randomly over a white piece of card using Pine Needles Distress Ink. I dried the ink with my heat gun and then popped the background through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Wild Poinsettia Embossing Folder. I put it through a second time to extend the pattern. I inked all over with Pine Needles Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam to make the embossed design 'pop'.

I cut the largest of the Spellbinders 2010 Holiday Tree die set out of green card. At the emboss stage I added the Small Polka Dots Mask. I put some Double Sided Self Adhesive Film onto another piece of green card and cut out the middle size of the 2010 Holiday Tree. I did not emboss. I removed the adhesive backing and added some Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels Iced Crystal. I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Winter Greetings Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the smallest of the 2010 Holiday Tree dies. I inked through the die with Pine Needles using Cut n Dry Foam.



I cut 2 corners from the Spellbinders Holly Accents die set. I dyed some white Silky Crush Ribbon with Pine Needles Distress Ink. I spritzed it with water to make the ink spread and put it aside to dry (don't use a heat gun on it). Once dry I tied a bow and added one of the new Creative Expressions Dazzlers. I finished the card with some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White.

Sue has lots of shows on Ideal World and Create & Craft today. Hope you manage to catch some.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, saw this die last night and wondered what could be done with it. Well you have demonstrated it uses. Love it, simple but effective.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia. I just can't get into Christmas at this time of year-I'm still waiting for Summer! Love the card though. I don't have any Christmas dies but am open to persuasion. I tend to make all my cards the same for Christmas so I'll have to chose carefully as I think that I will probably only buy one set. Off now to enjoy the summer sun (oh it's raining -typical!) Ju

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, a very lovely and inspiring card - inspiring me to get started! Thanks for the ideas, they are really fab. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia lovely card. will be watching sues shows today for some more great ideas. Looks like a whole day of crafting for me as its raining today so can't go and work at the allotment xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card. I didn't get to see the show yesterday so will catch up today.

    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia,
    So SO SO cute!!
    Love the layering. Recording your show tomorrow so I can watch it in peace when the kids are in bed.
    Enjoy your day.
    Hugs
    Celina - Waterford Ire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Julia - that feather stamp is gorgeous and makes a great background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Julia. I am watching Sue now on tv and think that will be the order of the day cos its raining

    I love the dies that are in the pick of the day, but I just cant afford it.

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, A very different card for christmas I like it,
    its unusual.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this and the sparkle just sets it off completely. See you have used one of the dazzlers - ordered some the other day and are on their way! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, a lovely card and I keep looking at the feather stamp so think that one must go on my list.
    Enjoy your day, hugs Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia
    I love the feather stamp too as seen Sue use it a few times, its so versatile. A lovely xmas card, which could be done in any colour scheme. Love how you've done the back ground.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  13. That feather stamp is really lovely Julia and makes a great background
    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really different Christmas card. Like colours and stamping very much

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colours are great. Lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia, love the background on this one
    Carol E

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia,
    Love the card and how the trees layer up, great colour too
    Best wishes
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!