Thursday 28 June 2012

Poor Ethel!

Hi Bloggers.

As you've probably guessed from the title, we're back to Ethel & Murray today. I have a date for the show for early July but not confirmed yet. I'll update the sidebar as soon as I know for definite.

Here's today's card -


Poor Ethel has been hit with a golf ball! It seems that Murray's not as good at golf as he thinks he is - sound familiar to anyone?

The backing paper is from Paper Cellar. I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Fore Stamp Set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using Coffee Archival and embossed with clear powder. I didn't ink around the image and sentiment panels on this one as I wanted it to look clean.


I cut 2 x 1" wide strips of Creative Expressions Foundations Paper and cut a pattern in it using Spellbinders Edgeabilities Classic Postage Stamp.


I assembled the card as shown. I pierced around the edges with my Tim Holtz Design Ruler and added some buttons from my stash threaded with Baker's Twine from the Vintage Set.


I've had some enquiries about the golf stamps in this series so I've ordered some for my Amazon Store - will let you know when they arrive.

Also, if you're reading this post early enough, one of the shows from last Friday is being repeated at 7am today.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, Ok you have converted me to Ethel and Murray. I just love the backing paper and the colours you have chosen for this card. Thanks for info about repeat show will have to et a coffee and tune in.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card C&C on at the momment but as hubby is now up may not be able to watch it but i did watch you when you was live . Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card, I know a few golfers who would love this! Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Julia love the papers used and the sentiment xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia

    Great card I love the image and the sentiment - would be great for my hubby and his mates!!!

    I do like the way you have used the border and covered the corner with the sentiment saves trying to match them up very clever

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me chuckle Julia, love that backing paper

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    Well this one really cheered me up after a night of very little sleep.Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia, As I said before I'm not that keen on Ethel and Murray,
    but this card is great for the guys love the colours you have used.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, this one made me smile. Love the colours and the paper you have used and the sentiment is great!
    Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia. A stunning card, love the colour scheme and papers. I Love all of it.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi julia,what a great card would just be right for my brother
    he is mad about golf.
    best wishes
    norma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this made me laugh! Fabulous as usual Julia. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card and layout but again still not a convert to the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything about this card Julia - the colours are really great with this stamp. I made one of the golfing ones for a colleague at work when he retired. The latest one I did was the Ethel one with the tattoo for a friend and used a leopard print paper in the background. They were both really thrilled. These stamps are great - I have made several cards with them now.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!