Saturday 2 June 2012

Friendship Part 2

Hi Bloggers.

Today's card is a variation of the card in this post. I thought it was worth sharing as I'm hoping to demonstrate in the first show today at 4pm and it shows how the original layout can be adapted to the dies that are still available in Create & Craft's Spellbinders Diamond Deals.


I cut 2 borders out of cobalt card using the Spellbinders Edgeabilities Classic Ric Rac for the edge and Classic Postage Stamp for the insert. I glued them to a panel of marine blue card and ruffled some Limoges Blue Vintage Ribbon down the centre.


I used the largest Labels Twenty-Five to cut some cobalt card. At the emboss stage I added the Couture Creations Wild Poinsettia Embossing Folder. The sandwich you need for this is base plate, approx 15 sheets of copy paper, embossing folder - MUST BE OPEN, die with card in it with the cutting edge UP, tan mat, Creative Expressions Embossing Plate. Do not close the folder as the die will cut into it and do make sure the cutting edge is face up away from the folder and into the tan mat.

I used Labels Thirteen with Labels Three on the inside to cut a frame from marine blue card. At the emboss stage I added the Small Polka Dots Mask. The sandwich you need with your Grand Calibur is base plate, tan mat, die with card in it with the cutting edge going into your tan mat, mask, pink embossing plate. I do it this way so I can see where the pattern of the mask is going to be on my die cut. It doesn't matter if the base plate or the pink plate is on the bottom. You must make sure the cutting edge of the die is away from your mask and going into the tan mat.

I cut 4 motifs out of pearlescent silver card using the Damask Motifs die set and added one to each side of my frame. I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Sincere Sentiments stamp set using Cobalt Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I inked around the edges a little with Faded Jeans Distress Ink and popped it behind the aperture in my frame.


I tied a large bow using Ivory/Royal Blue Grosgrain Ribbon and then added another bow made from 2 lengths of the Limoges Blue Vintage Ribbon. To top it off I added another bow made with 2 lengths of Baker's Twine from the Vintage Set. I made a flower using 3 borders cut out of felt using the Banner Basics One die set. I just lined the 3 borders up on my craft sheet, added 12mm Super Sticky Tape to the bottom and made the flower in the same way as the vintage ribbon flower is made in this post on Sue Wilson's Blog. I cut 2 tassels out of cobalt card using Banner Basics One and glued them below the flower on my bow.


I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Summer Blue around the edges.

Hope you can join me today at 4pm and 7pm on Create & Craft.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

10 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, lovely blue card and big bow. I am not very successful at tying bows no matter how often I try. Look forward to your shows will have to check the times as they change so often.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely card - great texture and embellishments and a lovely collection of blues. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card again Julia. Looking forward to your shows later.

    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, that is lovely, will be recording the shows later. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia,
    Great card and looking forward to todays shows,
    have a great day
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, love this card, great colours and dies. Will be watching you later and recording so I don't miss anything!..Have a great day...:)..xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, love this card and look forward to seeing you demonstrate this card later. Hope you get time to show how you do the flowers. Have a lovely day and good luck with the shows, Christine H x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card and of course the demonstrations you've done today on C&C.
    Hope you are enjoying yourself and that they are taking care of you.
    Looking forward to what you are going to show us on Monday.
    Enjoy your day off.
    Celina - Waterford

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monday? Do you know something I don't? Julia.

      Delete
  9. I loved teh part 1 card therefore goes without saying I love this one too. I think the colour combination is awesome xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!