Friday 29 June 2012

Smiley Face

Hi Bloggers.

Ethel and her sagging tattoo are making an appearance today. Bit more of a glamourous setting here than in this post. Let's see if I can sway some of you a bit more!


For the background, I ran a piece of white card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Venus Crest Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern and then inked around the edges with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Ethel & Friends Stamp Set using Cobalt Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured her in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks and then cut her out.

I cut a Spellbinders Lattice Motif (designed by Sue Wilson) out of silver mirri card. I mounted Ethel onto it using 3d foam pads.


I made a flower out of Rose Petal American Seam Binding (see Sue's tutorial here), another flower using the Creative Expressions Floral Embossing Folder (see my tutorial here) and the final flower is made from a couple of the Fashion Sense Sassy Posies that will be on the shows next week. I also added a button with some Baker's Twine from the Vintage Set through it. I added the flowers to the card and also some Creative Expressions Black Rhinestone Swirls.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using the cobalt archival and embossed with the clear powder. I mounted it onto some pink card and added it to the card using 3d foam pads.

I finished the card off with some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Vintage Pink around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

13 comments:

  1. Love the colours layout and design but again would use different stamps! Looking forward to the next shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need to sway me Julia, I love Ethel and Murray

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Julia - I mentioned on the other card that I have used this stamp with a leopard print background - very cougarish! I also gave her gold jewellery and glasses using a glue pen and gold foil. She always makes me giggle I must admit!!!

    These are really great stamps for humour cards when you want to be a little bit cheeky!

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia just popped in to see your blog and there was Fridays entry, a bit early but hay ho better early than never. I see you have used Sue's die, just love them. Ethel is winning me round, not completely yet but getting thre.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Julia, this is one of my favourite images and you have made it look brilliant. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good old Ethel, she's so down to earth and says it how it is. She deserse the little bit of luxurious surroundings. She looks good all glammed up Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    I just love this image. Ethel's so sassy; I'd rather have a tatt than slippers and knitting!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI julia,
    Not my style or colour maybe with different colours and stamp
    I like the flowers just a bit bright for me.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia lovely card love these stamps they are so funny the sentiments are great too loving the use of sue's lattice die and the colours are fab xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia

    I love this card it is so funny but still looks elegant
    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia
    Im not sure the silver mirror board goes with it, but the rest of it i love and this image always makes me smile which is what craftings about.
    Love the flowers.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, love the card and the colours and the sentiment is so funny. Will be watching how you achieve the Fashion Sense Sassy Posies flower with interest.
    Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven`t got these stamps but love your card I have to many stamps which I hardly use but I must start to use them .Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!