Monday 1 January 2018

Cosmopolitan Cocktail Celebration

Hi Bloggers.

Happy New Year to you all!

A bit of a two-fer for you today as I have included the card I demoed at the bottom of this post -

For the background, I stamped one of the images from the Festive Flurry Celebrations Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card several times using Jet Black Archival. I then misted quite closely with Scarlet Sunrise CS Ink Spray Mist.

I cut the largest 2 dies in the Portuguese Background Die Set into a piece of Coconut White Card. I added a Double Pierced Background Rectangle to cut them out. I misted a piece of Coconut White Card with Scarlet Sunrise Mister. I glued it to the back of my frame. I slotted die #5 back into the frame and cut. I added to my background using Woodware Foam Tape.

I matted onto a piece of Coconut White Card then Black Card and then another piece of Coconut White.

I made up a cocktail glass using the 3D Cosmopolitan Die Set. I added CS Glue and CS Crystal Chips Glitter Jewels to the top of the Acetate on the glass.

I stamped the sentiment from the Cheers to You Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using the Pierced Flags Die Set, switching the 'v' of the flag to make it double-ended.

Here's the version I made on air - I had to improvise a bit as we'd sold out of the Cheers to You Stamp Set and I had made this card with Milk Card rather than Coconut White so had to stamp onto a piece of misted card. The frame is made using the Double Stitched Rectangles, the banner from the Stitched Flags, the sentiment is from Lisa's Festive Flurry Celebrations Stamp Set and I've used Marigold CS Ink Spray Mist -

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

Free card with all website orders over £10 (Add a note to your order in your cart). 

24 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Julia xx hazel. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulouse fun card Julia.
    Happy New Year to all
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI JULIA
    HAPPY NEW YEAR.Fun card,love it.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Happy NewYear Julia. Love this card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Julia.
    Thank you for your ideas and opening my mind to many possibilities, both in colour and uses of products. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Julia
    A fabulous card. Thank you for all the inspiration throughout 2017, especially the amazing backgrounds. Wishing you good health, harmony and joy for 2018.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card Julia thank you for all you have done in 2017 happy new year to you and yours
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year.

    Two great cards-perfect for the party season.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, Happy New Year to you and wishing you every success for 2018.

    A lovely card for us today.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card, Julia.
    Happy New Year.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Julia .. Happy New year to you and all.. Hope you got to put your feet up and watch the films.. Two stunning cards this morning. I really did enjoy your demos.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year to you and all your blog fans.

    Strawberry Dacquiri came to mind when I saw the top card. Not sure why as I have never had one!!

    Great cards.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia your cards are stunning both of them. I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, and a very Happy New Year to you and your family, may 2018 be a great year for you all. Love both the cards, and the fun sentiment on the first one is just brilliant. have a good New Year everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,
    Happy New Year
    I Loved It When You Did This Magnificent Background On Hochanda Also The Stupendous Card Thanks For Sharing Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,
    HAPPY HEALTHY YEAR 2018 to you and your family.
    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two lovely cards for lots of different occasions

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia , i drink to both of these cards .
    Cheers .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both versions are fun and colorful. I do love that stamp set. I will need to get in eventually.
    Happy New Year to you, Julia and to all the bloggers here.
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, Happy New Year to one and all !!
    Gorgeous cards, and I love the 'look' of fireworks. I absolutely adore the sentiments in the stamp sets.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia Happy New year to you & your family thank you for all your inspiration during 2017
    I love today's colourful card just right for the new year

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy new year Julia x fantastic cards , good enough to drink ! Thankyou for all your inspiration last year , I have learnt so much from you and look forward to seeing what else you have to share with us this year x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous cards! Happy New Year to you and your family! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy New Year, Julia, to you, your family and to all your followers. What a great way to start 2018! A perfect card for A New Year. Thanks for daily inspiration and tutorials.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!