Sunday 2 August 2015

A Ruff Time

Hi Bloggers.

Well, you seemed to enjoy the card I posted a couple of weeks ago with Pickles the Cat so today's card which has not appeared on the blog before features Toby the Dog.

For the background, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Knotted Trellis Embossing Folder. I inked around the edges with Pumice Stone Distress Ink and then rubbed Pearl Moon Gilding Wax over the surface. I left it a few minutes to dry and then buffed it up using a dry wet wipe.

I swiped some Pumice Stone Distress Ink onto my Craft Sheet, spritzed with water and then added some Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent Mica Powder. I picked the colour up onto some Blue White American Seam Binding and dried with a Heat Tool. I then stamped the Creative Expressions Pawprint Lattice A6 Background onto it using Jet Black Archival. I split the ribbon into 2 pieces and wrapped it around the background.

I stamped Toby using Cosmic Shimmer Flake & Glitter Glue and added Gunmetal Cosmic Shimmer Polished Silk Glitter. I cut Toby out using Sue Wilson's Auvergne Die Set and inked through the die with Pumice Stone. I cut the Couture Creations Splendour Die out of Dark Grey Card and rubbed Pewter Gilding Wax over the surface, buffing up once dry.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Pawprints on Your Heart Clear Stamp Set using CS Flake & Glitter Glue and added Gunmetal Polished Silk Glitter. I cut it out using Justrite Antique Labels Ones Dies and inked through the die with Pumice Stone.

I made a bow using Sue's Mosaic 3D Bow Die Set and Dark Grey Card, rubbing the die cuts with Pewter Gilding Wax prior to assembly.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Small Circle Dazzlers to the corners and some dots of Cosmic Pearl Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA around the edges.

You can find another couple of previously blogged card featuring Toby here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk


23 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card Thank you. So sorry I could not make it yesterday, I hope you had a great time and will come again. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, such a lovely card today, you truly are an inspiration to me, thank you. Hope your demo's went OK yesterday.

    Happy Sunday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia,
    Very cute, love the way that you have coordinated the colours.
    Thanks
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, A pretty card in lovely colours.Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card-love the colours & really like the stamp.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,a very pretty card and a lovely stamp. Received my dies and stuff yesterday thanks for your speedy response to the orders you receive it is great.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card, love the image and the sentiment.
    Rosemary xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, A lovely card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, A lovely card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Julia - so cute.
    Would have been appropriate for my daughter a while back :-(
    but thankfully things are better now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    I Really Just Love So Very Much The Dog Stamps (I Have Two Beautiful Dogs)
    I Love The Extra Products Used The Dies, I Hope You Had A Great Day Yesterday.
    Hugs From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, another really lovely and cute card, sometimes just what is needed to lift the spirits, and such a lovely layout too. Have a great Sunday. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these stamps julia love the cards you do with them thank you love June xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card what a cutie xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,
    Love the expression on the dogs face and the pewter colour is gorgeous. Love the sentiment as well.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julie. This stamp reminds me of my son's cocker poo. Always with a toy wanting to play. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia
    Lovely card today featuring Toby the dog. Love the pewter colour you've used as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute I've fallen in love with pewter It gives a lovely softer finish than using black

    ReplyDelete
  20. It will be added to my inspiration collection for this set of stamps - went through some craft magazines yesterday - taking out the articles I wanted to keep there were a few cards in them made using these stamps - spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia

    Nice card and clever sentiment. Been 'ruff' myself so this cheered me up today,

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, very cute card today an love the sentiment. Take Care Melody xXx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!