Tuesday 4 August 2015

21 today!

Hi Bloggers.

My brilliant, gorgeous daughter, Kathryn, is 21 today! I just can't believe where those years have gone! She's celebrating by spending 3 days in London with a friend. I have to wait till Sunday or Monday to see her when she comes back up to MK to celebrate the same friends 21st. I'm at Stoneleigh with Phill Martin on Sunday which is why I might not see her till Monday.

I was a little bit more prepared this time when I made a card than I was for her graduation, but I was still pushed for time as I made it last week when I was knee deep prepping for my demo at Colemans. So, we have another really simple card - I hope Kathryn likes it!

This is an actual card with the blank made from Coconut White Card and the largest die in Sue's Ornate Pierced Rectangles Noble Die Set. I cut the largest die in the set again out of Vintage Silver Card this time and glued it to the front of my card blank.

The image is from a series of stamp sets from Creative Expressions called Betty Boots. I've used the Steampunk Betty Set. I think these sets would be great for keeping children occupied during the summer holidays - the images are a bit different and the sentiments included are brilliant! Anyway, with no time to colour (and I'm a bit out of practice!), I simply stamped Betty onto a piece of Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Silver Shine Detail Embossing Powder. I cut Betty our using a couple of dies from Sue's Ornate Pierced Rectangles Die Set.

I stamped 21 from a Stampendous Stamp Set I've had for years and the cog frame around it is from this Steampunk Betty Stamp Set - I stamped both using Perfect Medium and embossed with Silver Shime Detail Powder. I cut them out using the inner die in Sue's Tuscany Die Set. The silver mat has been cut from Vintage Silver Card using Spellbinders Circle Delight Die Set.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set onto Coconut White Card, again using Perfect Medium and embossed with Silver Shine Detail Powder. I cut it out using a die from Sue's Ornate Pierced Squares Noble Die Set. I cut a mat out of Vintage Silver Card using Sue's Classic Adorned Squares Noble Die Set.

And just to prove it's a proper card!

It would be great, if you have the time, if you could pop over to her blog and leave her a birthday message! http://cat-gotyourtongue.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Ask for a free card when you order in August!

26 comments:

  1. Hello Julia, what a super card, I am sure Kathryn will love it. Congratulations on her 21st, she is a daughter to be proud of. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    What a beautiful card for your very special Daughter, it will be treasured because Mum made it. Have fun and take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, very pretty card you made for your special daughter, what a pity you can't celebrate it together on the day. I shall go to her blog to wish her a happy Birthday .
    Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia and happy birthday to Kathryn, what a gorgeous card you have made for her, wonderful, she will treasure that. Love the stamps you have used too.

    Enjoy Tuesday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again Julia, can't get a message on your daughters blog ,won't work?
    So here goes HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHRYN.!

    From Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greay card-am sure Kathryn will love it. Left her a message but its on her last post so she might need to check her old blog posts.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure she will love the card, Julia. Enjoy the celebration at the weekend.
    Jan
    Northampton.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, a beautiful card and Kathryn will so happy to receive it will go and congrat. her now, I will remember it every year now as my granddaughter is going into hospital today to have her daughter which we are excited about as she has two boys just now. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card. I'm sure she'll love it. Happy 21st Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sure she will be delighted ,lovely card,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing Kathryn a very happy 21st, I am sure she will love her card!
    Rosemary xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathryn will love the card Julia it's brilliant it so reminds me of my daughter she loved her boots so much we thought she would have them under her wedding dress. Happy birthday Kathrynxxxxxx love June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia. I am sure Kathryn will love her card. Happy Birthday Kathryn. Look out for me at Stoneleigh Sunday. I am trying to avoid Phill as I want to save some money for the 31st and could sell a fridge to an eskimo! SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, Kathryn will love her 21st card, I hope she and her friend enjoy their trip to London.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,
    Happy 21st to Kathryn and I am sure she will love the card.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,
    Gorgeous card I am sure Kathryn will love it, Have been to her blog and wished her a happy Birthday. Hope you enjoy your time together when she gets back from London.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia,
    Happy 21st Birthday to Kathryn, gorgeous fun card I'm sure she will love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia.

    This is so cute. Between Sue and yourself there's a lot of silver around at the moment, very nice. As you say the stamp set is a bit different. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations to foxyg.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia,
    wonderful card for your daughter's special Birthday.
    I have just popped over to wish her.
    I am surprised you get time for your own crafty makes with such a very busy schedule.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,
    great card for any girl and your Kathryn, she will love it!
    Hope she has a fab. time down in London.
    Have a nice day Julia, Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Julia and Beautiful Stamps.. they will definately coming my ways as my Beautiful Mum was called Betty xxx and definately sassy. have a lovely day/weekend with your beautiful daughter, it is a lovely time and they grown up so quickly. Crafty regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia

    Super card for a young lady! Bet you can't wait to see Kathryn Have a lovely, if busy week of demo-ing.

    Hugs,

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia

    Super card for a young lady! Bet you can't wait to see Kathryn Have a lovely, if busy week of demo-ing.

    Hugs,

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card Julia for your daughter's 21st. Such a special milestone in their lives, I hope Kathryn has had a fabulous day. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia,

    Love the card and I am sure Kathryn will too. Have tried to send her birthday wishes but I cant for some reason. Please pass on our birthday wishes.

    Shirley T.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, beautiful card I am sure your daughter will love it. Take Care Melody xXx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!