Sunday 9 August 2015

Frosty Christmas

Hi Bloggers.

I'm demoing at the Great British Festival at Stoneleigh today with Phill Martin on his Sentimentally Yours Stand - well, I'm demoing, goodness knows if he'll do any work! lol! Seriously, if you're visiting the show, please stop by his stand to say hello and make a purchase or two - you know you need it!

Here's today's card featuring some of Phill's new Christmas products -

I stamped Phill's Christmas Frame Decorative Frame : Lattice onto a piece of Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with Phill's Frosty Heather Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders 6 x 6 Matting Basics A. I popped it onto a mat cut from Coconut White Card using Spellbinders 6 x 6 Matting Basics B.

I stamped the sentiment from Phill's Christmas Holly Insert Frame :Seasons Greetings onto Coconut White Card, again using Clear Perfect Medium and added Frosty Heather Powder - I did not heat set just yet. I have removed the excess rubber from the centre of my insert frame so I can see through it. I inked it up with Clear Perfect Medium and lined it up around the sentiment, added more powder and heat set the lot. I cut it out using another die from the Spellbinders 6 x 6 Matting Basics A Set.

I cut Sue Wilson's Holly Sprays out of Coconut White Card and added a little Frosty Heather PVA as berries.

I stamped the Creative Expressions Shaded Poinsettia a couple of time in 2 sizes onto Coconut White Card and embossed with Frosty Heather Embossing Powder. I cut them out using Sue's Classic Poinsettia Die Set. I gave the petals a little shape using a Woodware Shape-It Tool on a Moulding Mat. I layered them up, offsetting the petals and gluing them together using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue and added a Snow White Brad.

I assembled the card as shown adding a 5mm White Pearl to the corners and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler with a Precision Probe on a Piercing Mat. My coloured mat behind the pierced one is a piece of Coconut White Card and I've coloured the edges with Frosty Heather Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

I have settled on a 4th card for my Workshop at Yardley Gobion on Saturday September 12th -

You can book a place on the workshop via my website here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
Ask for a free card (in the order comments box at checkout) when you order in August!

32 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards have a time today....Make sure you get Phil Martin pulling his weight ....you'll make a great team....!
    Luv Rach :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A beautiful card Thank you.
    Have lots of fun, Phill will be mobed by women, so don't expect much work from him lol . I usually go to this show but not this year. Take care all Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, such beautiful cards today, wish I was going to the workshop, love them. I bet it will be a laugh a minute with you, Phill and John at Stoneleigh, wish I was a fly on the wall.

    Enjoy Sunday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Julia, love both cards!!! Have a great day and safe journey!!!
    I too wish I could be a fly on the wal!!! what fun you're going to have!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards Julia enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia,
    oh these are sooooooooo! superb.
    Love the very super designs of these, and everything used on them.
    Have a lovely Sunday.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card Julia. Have a good day.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia. Ooooooh lovely card. Phill and work in one sentence? Coming to check up. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia the cards today are gorgeous. I love the colours you have used on both. Have a great time today. I wish I could be there. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, Two beautiful cards in gorgeous colours! Enjoy your day!Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, two fabulous cards and fantastic colours love them both.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cards Julia, have a great day,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card! Love everything about it especially the colour.

    Am sure you'll have fun today, if only I could join you.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card, Julia. Hope to see you later.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cards are stunning julia just beautiful phill will be mobbed by women of all ages wanting photos I've got three up to now lol. Have a good day wish I could be there xxxx
    Love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning cards Julia, have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely cards and Phill's products are gorgeous I especially like the sentiment's font Hav a great day You make sure Phill does all the running around and keeps you supplied with tea/coffee cake etc

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia, what a beautiful card, love the soft lilac colourway. Have a great day with Phill, and make sure he looks after you. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, two beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,
    Two beautiful cards, both gorgeous colours.
    Hope you have a great day today with Phill, wish I could be there!
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    Gorgeous card, love the colours they are so different for a Christmas card. Have a wonderful day at Stoneleigh.
    Thanks,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning Julia,
    Hope you are having a great day with Phil. Love both cards can see them in gold and white too.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia.

    I like the stamps, the dies, and the colour, it is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    Your 4th workshop card is lovely also, again lovely stamps, dies and colour.

    Good Luck with the demoing, I can't imagine Phill will be doing many, I can imagine he will be doing loads of chatting, lol.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia
    Love the card, the stamps and the frosty heather you've used. Hope you have a great day with Phill.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Two beautiful cards Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia

    2 stunning cards but oh wow, the lilac is superb. I need those stamps, they are amazing!

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Outstanding cards Julia, love them both. Your poinsettias are really beautiful and I love all the layers. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia, beautiful cards I love the poinsettia die an stamp an they look great in the new frosty cosmic shimmers.Take Care Melody xXx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia, love the card for today and also the one for next work shop in MK
    I want be able to come for this one ,bit sad but coming back from holiday first on the Sunday so it will be at AP next and then hopefully in November.
    Have a fun day, hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card Julia - the stamps are so modern looking. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!