Monday 17 August 2015

Not just for Christmas!

Hi Bloggers.

I hope your weekend was better than mine! I spent all day Saturday till 9pm doing my accounts - a job I absolutely hate and one of the perks of being self employed - NOT! Then I had a mad panic yesterday after making today's card I couldn't get it loaded off my camera on to my pc. I have upgraded to Windows 10 and, as it turns out, there isn't a driver for my camera yet on Windows 10. I discovered that after about an hour of digging around googling all over the place! Had a nice web chat with Ferdinand from Sony who suggested that I put my SD card from my camera directly into my PC! I felt like such an idiot - goodness knows why I didn't think of it. I'm just so used to my photos loading automatically when I plug my camera in. Anyway, at least I found a way around it and can continue my daily blog posts!

Today I'm up in Loughbrough at That's Really Crafty running a Christmas themed workshop. Should be a good day. Also today, my mate Phill Martin has shows on Create & Craft TV at 4pm and 7pm with some of his new Christmas range. I made this card yesterday to show that his new Frosty colours are not just for Christmas!

I started by spreading some PM Frosty Blossom Sparkle Texture Paste through the Criss Cross Mask onto a paper from Phill's Chic Floral Paper Pad. I put it aside to dry (about an hour).

For the main background, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the new Creative Expressions Twinkle Twinkle Large Embossing Folder. I popped a White Pearl Corner in each corner.

I dusted a piece of Coconut White Card with my Anti Static Bag and popped it dusted side up onto my tan mat which was on my pink embossing plate. I then inked up the deboss die from Sue Wilson's Classic Adorned Design Noble Die Set using Perfect Medium and popped it inked side down onto my dusted card. I added my base plate and ran it through the Grand Calibur. I removed the die, added some PM Cosmic Shimmer Frosty Blossom Embossing Powder and heat set. I removed the excess mica using a dry wet wipe. I cut the frame out using the plain dies either side of the deboss die. I used Sue's Lavish Accented Design Noble Die Set to cut a mat from the plain side of a paper from one of Phill's Frosty Christmas Holly Paper Pad.

I stamped the sentiment from Phill Chic Floral Everyday Border Sentiments Stamp Set using PM Cosmic Shimmer Frosty Blossom Colour Cloud Blending Ink and a Smoothie (it's easier to see in the flesh!). I cut it out using Sue's Pierced Flags Die Set and cut a mat out of the waste of the Frosty Christmas Holly Paper.

I made a flower out of felt from the Wedding Felt Pack using Sue's Classic Foldover Flower Die Set (see my video here). I popped a little PM Cosmic Shimmer Frosty Blossom Twinkles onto my Craft Sheet. I picked it up onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam and dabbed it onto my flowers.

I cut a couple of Sue's Star Sprays out of Frosty Christmas Holly Paper.

I assembled the card as shown piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat. The pink mat is Coconut White Card - I've inked around the edges of it with Frosty Blossom Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

As I'm out all day - I'll announce the winner of the card from Freebie Friday some time this evening. Also, as I'm out all day, any orders on my website placed this weekend and today won't be in the post till tomorrow - sorry about that.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Ask for a free card (in the order comments box at checkout) when you order in August!

33 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    Wow what a beautiful card so pretty. Julia you must be shattered with all that technology, I don't even have a mobile phone and a very old second hand computer. Have fun take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a beautiful card. I know how you feel about trying to load your camera that's the kind of thing I would do I'm still trying to get to grips with windows eight it really frustrates me.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, such a lovely card today, soft, very feminine colours. Glad you got the camera issue sorted out. I am putting off downloading Windows 10, as it seems quite a few people have had issues on older PC's. Hopefully the accounts are now sorted. Have a great day with the workshop. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the colours they are lush. We haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet it sounds like there are still some bits to sort out. We will have to do it sometime. Enjoy your day today it sounds fab. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, Enjoy your day in Loughborough.
    This is a very pretty card, I love the colours and I love, love, love, Sue's 'star spray' new die.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card I like the way you have coloured the flowers xx enjoy your dayxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds as though your workshop will come as a welcome relief. What a gorgeous card this morning. Sue's new star sprays look splendid.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love Sues new Star Spray die-a very versatile one. Hope your workshop is fun.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Love the pink and the pretty flowers. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card, Julia. Have a good day.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia
    my camera lead doesn't work any more for some reason ? so always now use the SD card, makes me wonder how on earth we ever managed before? ha
    Today's card is lovely and looking forward to seeing Phill on C and C again. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Julia ,enjoy your day after a hectic weekend! Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia
    Glad it all worked out for you in the end!

    A beautiful card in Phill's colour Frosty Blossom. I'll be tuning in to see Phill and his great demos - hope Deano is on with him! Makes for good entertainment!!
    Enjoy your day!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  14. BE CAREFUL with W10 Somebody told me if you don't download the correct free versio you cold be setting yourself up to. Monthly subscription to Microsoft Bought versions are fine
    Today's card is gorgeous I love Phill's sets I have one so will be looking to add more to my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,
    Gorgeous card, the frosty colours are lovely. Hope you have a good day in Loughborough.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, I love todays card, the colours are really lovely, must watch C&C later to see Phill. If you had asked me I would have done your accounts, I love that sort of thing.

    Enjoy Monday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow julia this card is stunning love it colours dies and the finished card wow !!!!!
    Thank you sorry about your bad day hope you have s lovely day today xxxxx
    Love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    Gorgeous, gorgeous card! Any card with the pierced flag die is a winner for me, and the noble dies speak for themselves. Your flowers as always are brilliant with the touch of sparkle.
    Hope you have a better day today!
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card .... love it!
    Rosemary xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,
    Thanks For Sharing Your Fabulous Video I Truly Hope There's More To Come!!
    I'm Sorry You Had A Really Tough Weekend Lets Hope That's All Behind You Now
    I Love The New Embossing Folder "Twinkle Twinkle" I Just Love Phill's Frosty Blossom Sparkle Paste Then Using Sue's Adorned Noble Die Sue's New Star Spray Can Be Used In So Many As You've Shown Here Thank You For Sharing.
    I'm Looking Forward To The Next Video From Yourself
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia. Sorry but I had to chuckle at your camera problem, sometime things are so obvious we overlook them, This was so like me. Don't you feel a plonker! Have fun in Loughborough. I can feel your vibes you are so close to me but unfortunately I couldn't make it. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Julia.

    I think this is such a delicate, pretty feminine card. I like your background and the criss cross mask (it looks like one of your favourites too) and the hint of pink Frame mat. I love the Star Sprays, I can see they are going to be favourites. Thanks for sharing.

    I sympathise with you about trying to upload your photo's, sometimes technology can be so frustrating. I was trying to take a photo of a card I had made on my newish phone the other day and it kept turning the photo upside down, I ended up turning the card upside down and then photographed it. I got there in the end but I can bet people reading this would say, "well all you had to do was X". lol

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia. Very pretty card for us this morning. Love every bit of it. Windows 10 problem I am having the same problem with Windows 8. Have a good day.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Julia I love this card so pretty in the lovely pink thank you.
    Hug's Lynda Brock xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia
    An absolutely stunning card today. I love the dies you have used and the colour combination too. I did chuckle at reading the episode you had with your camera card reader, i am so glad it is not just me, that does things like that.....have a lovely day.....Rosie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,

    Really, really pretty card. Love everything about it. Thank you.

    Shirley T.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ooh, this is absolutely divine! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a pretty card Julia. I love the colours and the dies you've used. Thank goodness you managed to get your photos onto your computer, otherwise we would have missed this beauty! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia, really pretty card lovely colours an I really like the star die it's definitely not just for Christmas. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. HinJulia
    A bit late I know, but he ho. Just love this card, the colours and the dies you've used. Love the new coloured paste. I do hope the hard drive isn't playing up today and has recorded the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia

    I love this card and think it would be lovely for a 'New Baby Girl 'card it is so very pretty and feminine. Simply lovely. Congrats to the Friday winner.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!