Thursday 13 August 2015

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Hi Bloggers.

John Lockwood has shown on Create & Craft today at 9am and 2pm launching his new Christmas Stamps and his 12 days of Christmas Paper Pad. Alot of the products that John has on his shows are available on my website - www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

I made this card for John using his paper pad and the lovely Poinsettia Elements Stamp Set -

I used a paper from John's 12 Days of Christmas Paper Pad for the background and matted it onto a piece of Coconut White Card.

I stamped the poinsettia image from John's Poinsettia Elements Stamp Set using Vermillion Archival. I cut it out using Spellbinders 5 x 7 Matting Basics B and inked through the die with Fired Brick Distress Ink using a Smoothie.

I cut the largest die in the Spellbinders 5 x 7 Holly Frame Die Set out of Rich Red Card.

 I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Vermillion Archival. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 17 and inked through the die with Fired Brick.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Red Two Tone Ribbon. I inked a couple of pieces of MDF from the Christmas MDF Mega Grab Bag using Fired Brick, added a 3mm White Pearl and added them to the bow. I made a couple of Stick Pins using Creative Expressions Stick Pin Elements - I used the Garnet Teardrop Beads.

I assembled the card as shown adding a White 8mm Pearl to each corner and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.


Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Ask for a free card (in the order comments box at checkout) when you order in August!

25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a great Christmas card and John's papers look fantastic I have set record for his two shows as Thursday I am out all day but looking forward to them as his new stamps look fab.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Julia..will be watching the shows later today!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poinsettia stamp is lovely. Will be watching the shows.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a very bright card.Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, another lovely card, the stamp is beautiful. Looking forward to the shows. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,
    I Just Love Your Rich Stunning Card You've Created Today, I Love The Fabulous Colour Palette That You've Chosen And The Tremendous Bow And Stick Pins
    Thank You So Very Much For Sharing Your Talents With Us.
    Take Great Care
    Hugs From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Off to set the Sky box to record Johns programmes.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card today with such beautiful elements, will be watching John's shows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way you have set the flower on top of the bow. I would never think to do that.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great way of using John's goodies At work soon so hopefully will catch the later show - if there's anything left

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the stamp set, beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the stamp papers and card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, do love red, will be watching later

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Julia, will be watching John today. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia. Just watching John now and your cards are all lovely. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia I saw this one on John's show today it looks fantastic. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia,
    Gorgeous card, the mdf flower is really cute.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    Gorgeous card in red and white. The stamp with the poinsettias
    is lovely. Seeing John at 2 on the box.
    Have a good day,
    hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, I'm just watching John now, he's having a great show.
    A really gorgeous card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia
    Another stunner using Johns papers and the poinsetta stamp. I've recorded Johns shows to watch later.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the stamped image Julia. Your card is so lovely - I think the red and white combo is lush. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card Julia .I just love your style.Thanks Gloria (Sidcup ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, caught up at last. I am looking forward to getting Johns new papers, they look fantastic, love this card.

    Enjoy your day, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!