Saturday 22 August 2015

Happy Birthday

Hi Bloggers.

John Lockwood and I are demoing at Inspirations in Preston today and tomorrow. Hope to see some of you there.

Here's today's card -

This card has a messy background - a subtle one! I made it while demoing at Stoneleigh with Phill Martin a couple of weeks ago. I spritzed some PM Cosmic Shimmer Frosty Blossom Ink Spray Mist onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam. I used this as my ink pad and with the stamp in my hand I randomly stamped Phill's Leafy Background over a piece of Coconut White Card. I spritzed a little more ink onto my Craft Sheet and mixed a little PM Frosty Blossom Mica Powder into it. I picked this up onto my Cut n Dry Foam. I then randomly stamped Phill Vintage Script Background into some of the gaps on my Coconut White Card. Finally, using a Smoothie I inked up one of the flower stamps from Phill's Butterfly Montage Stamp Set with Frosty Blossom Colour Cloud Blending Ink and stamped them around the background. I used the edge of my inked Cut n Dry Foam inking around the edges of the background. I made sure the ink was dry and then ran it through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine (yes, I have one!) with the Creative Expressions Wild Roses Embossing Folder.

I stamped the sentiment from Phill's Scribbled Frame Sentiments Stamp Set using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Silver Shine Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Triple Floral Die Set and inked through the die with Frosty Blossom Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

I cut the largest 2 dies in the Spellbinders Decorative Labels 47 Die Set together out of Coconut White Card and inked through the dies with Frosty Blossom Colour Cloud. It's worth mentioning that the picture on the packaging and the catalogue picture of the largest die in the Die Set Decorative Labels 47 is not the same as what you actually get. In my opinion what you get is much nicer!

I turned the inner die 90 degrees before adding to the larger die.

I cut a vine and some flowers out of Coconut White Card using Spellbinders Flower Bundle Die Set . I inked through the flower die with Frosty Blossom Colour Cloud. I snipped the vine in 2 and hid the join under the largest flower.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearl Corners and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

For those of you that missed it, the Creative Expressions Demonstration Team will be appearing on the new Hochanda TV Channel which launches on 27th August. John Lockwood will be the first of us to make an appearance. My first show is 23rd September. Please scroll down to the previous post for more details.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Ask for a free card (in the order comments box at checkout) when you order in August!

43 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, what a great technique you have used on todays card, I can imagine you having a play with all your inks and shimmers, you are in your element.

    Enjoy Saturday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    Thank you this is a beautiful card. Take care Kitty. Have fun in Preston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, a beautiful card a more subtle background than your normal I do like this.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    I Love Your Beautiful Card, Have A Great Weekend In Preston Also I'm Thrilled To Hear About "Creative Expression" Joining The New Television Channel I Really Hope We Get To Watch Demos Rather Than Listen To The Presenter Talk!!
    Take Great Care
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beeeutiful Julia so very pretty. Good luck with your workshop in Preston! Just my luck to have moved from there back to the south!! Mind you the weather is better here! LOL!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, A beautiful card, lovely in pastel.
    Congratulations on the exciting news with Hochanda, looking forward to seeing you there.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Julia,
    Never mind the messy background the card is just so lovely.
    Good luck with the new Channel.
    Best wishes
    JosieBx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, A beautiful card, lovely in pastel.
    Congratulations on the exciting news with Hochanda, looking forward to seeing you there.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Sounds like you had fun making this card. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, such a pretty card, love the soft pink colours, and good to see your backgrounds coming back. Have fun with the demos today. Looking forward to seeing what this new channel is like. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, so pretty & delicate. I won't be able to make it to Preston to see you or John which is a great shame-next time maybe.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Another stunner, love all your cards like the ones on my wall in my craft room next to me.
    Hope the Hochanda Show goes well, love seeing you all on the box
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, a beautiful card. Hope the Hochanda Show goes well. Does this mean you won't be on Create and Craft anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,
    A lovely delicate card, love the soft colours. Good news on the new channel.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely feminine card Julia.
    Rosemary xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Julia love the way you have used dies love it thank you love June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lot of trouble you have taken to create a fabulous background. Don't think I'd have the patience. Lovely card.
    The new TV channel sounds exciting - must ensure I keep launch time free. Do hope there will be loads of demos.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all your cards Julia, but tend to only see them first on my email and I noticed they arrive there two days after you have posted them. I am a lazy computer person and have my computer on first thing in the morning and not always after that. I don't have an iPhone or iPad or anything fancy like that, told you I'm a lazy computer user, so don't always comment. I do like your cards though so really looking forward to the new craft channel and hope you don't get interrupted as often on there. !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It may have been messy to make but the background is really lovely, Julia.
    Good luck with the new channel - the thought of more demos is great.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card Julia, I love it. Hope all goes well in Preston and looking forward to the new channel

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia. Nice to see your messy background making its appearance again. Looking forward to seeing you all on the new channel. Seems a lot are jumping ship and with another new craft channel starting in September I do hope they all survive. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the subtle background on your card Julia, you do these 'messy' backgrounds so beautifully. I'm really looking forward to seeing the CE team on Hochanda and the 27th will soon be here! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia,
    Pretty and delicate looking card, love the subtle colours.
    So pleased to hear about the new channel, with the 4 best crafters around.....BRILLIANT can't wait.
    love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  24. A lovely card today,love the subtle colour scheme, Julia.
    Great to hear about the new channel showing all four artists!! Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty card ,love the colours Julia. Great to hear about the new T V channel.
    Enjoy the weekend !Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love love love this card it's absolutely gorgeous. Must get these dies. Best wishes Loraine jefferis xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love love love this card. It's absolutely gorgeous..must get these dies. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. The dies are lovely and your gorgeous card showcases them beautiful Enjoy Preston

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia this is a gorgeous card. Enjoy Preston. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Another lovely card Julia, very delicate and pretty.
    Must pop over and look at the Facebook page of Hochanda now

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Julia.

    What a beautiful card. I love your messy backgrounds, I need more practice. I like the dies you have used. The vine and flowers are so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    Thank you also for the news that Creative Expressions will be on the new channel, I have been missing you all so much. I so hope it will be as the early days of C&C, where we see smaller companies, with smaller kits and more variety.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a beautiful card. Background is amazing. Great news about new channel.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia,

    Utterly stunning card. Some of those new Spellbinders are amazing!

    Every reaction I've seen so far re Hochanda has been positive and I agree it's a great thing to see my favourites on TV regularly. Mr W happy as they'll show fishing shows (crafts 75% others 25% of the airtime) must retune the freeview in case my sky box doesn't want to play in the rain forecast for next week!

    Have a great weekend,

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  34. So delicate and beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great card xx . I can't believe another crafting channel, looking forward to it record button at the ready lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Julia,
    Gorgeous card, love the really pretty colours.
    Hope you have a good weekend in Preston, unfortunately unable to make it.
    Thanks for all the inspiration,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Julia
    Thank you for sending my order so promptly, ordered yesterday and received today! Thank you also for the lovely free card.

    Love Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Julia
    Beautiful & stunning card & love the soft pastel colours.
    Very pretty & feminine & love everything about it.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Julia, lovely pastel colours an the card looks lovely frilly an girlie. Take Care Melody xXx

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a stunning birthday card x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Julia
    I Love Your Tremendous Card That You've Kindly Shared With Us I Love The Amazing Colour Palette Its So Soft And Clean, I Would Love To Give This Card A Home.
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    Carry On Creating ✂️✂️✂️

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!