Thursday 6 August 2015

Seasons Greetings

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I think I pinched this idea from John Lockwood - I know I've seen a Striplet frame somewhere!

The background, which you can just about see, is a piece of Coconut White Card run through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Swirling Holly Embossing Folder.

I then cut the outside die only from Sue Wilson's Snowflake Mini Striplet 4 times out of Blue Dusk Card. I cut both of the dies in the set together out of Coconut White Card 4 times. I glued the White die cuts onto the Blue die cuts using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue. I popped some 3d Foam on the back and arranged them around the background as shown.

I dusted a piece of Coconut White Card with my Anti Static Pad and placed it dusted side up onto my tan mat which was on my pink plate. I inked up the deboss die in Sue's Deboss Snowflake Die Set using Clear Perfect Medium, placed it inked side down onto my dusted card, base plate on top and ran it through the Grand Calibur. I carefully removed the die, added Phill Martin Cosmic Shimmer Decadent Denim Embossing Powder and heat set. I removed the excess Mica Powder using a Dry Wet Wipe. I then used the dies either side of the deboss die to cut out the frame. I used the largest die only and cut out of Blue Dusk Card.

I cut Sue's Seasons Greetings Die out of Coconut White Card 3 times and glued them on top of each other.

I tied a bow using Blue Satin Edged Organza. I popped a piece of Creative Expressions Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet onto some Coconut White Card and cut one of Sue's Snowflakes. I peeled off the other piece of backing paper and added Cosmic Shimmer Diamond Snow Glitter Jewels. I added a Blue Dazzler to the centre.

I made a couple of Decorative Stick Pins using Creative Expressions Stick Pin Elements - I used Periwinkle Teardrop Beads and White Pearl elements.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 8mm White Pearls and piercing around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Ask for a free card when you order in August!


34 comments:

  1. Lol yes it was from
    Me! Stunning card babe! John x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a fantastic Christmas card you could do it in all the different colours
    and it would different.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    A beautiful card thank you. Julia I am always pinching your ideas, and Sue and Johns, we crafters love to share. Thank you all for your inspiration, take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Julia, such a beautiful card, the frame created by the striplet die is brilliant. I think I will pinch this idea for my Christmas cards. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of things to try here. Love the striplet frame idea.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, Stunning card ,nice to use the striplet as a frame.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card-love the striplet used as a frame .

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Julia and it would look great in other colours! Placed an order this week but couldn't work out how to ask for a free card!! Instructions please for the next order!
    Maggie B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia, A lovely Christmas card today, thank you for sharing it with us. The Noble die and my free card arrived yesterday so thanks for your prompt reply, it was a lovely card in peach with a coloured dress on it, so good to see the actual card.
    Many thanks JosieBxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Julia, A lovely Christmas card today, thank you for sharing it with us. The Noble die and my free card arrived yesterday so thanks for your prompt reply, it was a lovely card in peach with a coloured dress on it, so good to see the actual card.
    Many thanks JosieBxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really beautiful card Julia , love it,
    XxxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, a beautiful card today, I copied John's version as well, lol, but with a different die, the mini striplets do make lovely cards. Love the colours you have chosen, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia,
    I love today's card and the colours you have chosen.
    Thanks
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card good use of the striplet die.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these Christmas dies. Beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The striplets are so versatile. This is a great way to use them.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well we have to get our inspiration from somewhere at times lol! It is a pretty card and as I've got the mini Striplet I 'll be having a go too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    What a gorgeous blue colour this is, and a fab card!
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia,
    Stunning card, love the striplet frame and the colours are gorgeous especially like the ribbon.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card today Julia, really must get this striplet die

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the triplet die julia this card is stunning thank you love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia
    What A Beautiful Stunning Fresh Looking Card Your Sharing With Us Today I Love The Striplet Die Used And Every Thing About Your Awesome Card.
    Julia Thank You So Much For Sharing!
    Hugs From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning Julia, love todays card, I was wondering about the striplets and you have given me some great ideas, will have a play. Also love the colours you have chosen.

    Enjoy Thursday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely Periwinkle again, such a lovely colour. I love the way you have used the striplet Julia, very innovative and a fabulous effect. A truly gorgeous card once again. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Julia.

    Wow Julia, I think this one is stunning. I love the Snowflake Mini Striplet and the blue Dusk Card is shows really well in your photo's. Your focal element is lovely and the bow with the snowflake is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia. I love periwinkle and I love striplets so another winner for me. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia, I love this card, very inventive with the positioning, so effective.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia
    Love this die, but haven't bought it yet. Looks lovely in blue and white.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia,
    Your card is beautiful! I love Sue's striplet dies as they are so versatile. Love the colours and also the snowflake with the dazzler! Lovely.
    Love Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia,
    love the card. Like how you made the mini striplet into
    a beautiful frame. The snowflake is lovely.
    Take care ,Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia, I love this card the striplet die I lovely an the colours are great. Take Care Melody xXx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning card Julia love it xx hazel

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!