Wednesday 5 August 2015

Christmas Greetings

Hi Bloggers.

Kathryn had a great day yesterday. Thank you for all your wishes - she did see them.

Here's today's card -

The background on this is a bit pale, hopefully you can see it. You'll be able to see it in 'real life' at my demos at Sprinkle Twinkle on 15th August, Inspirations on 23rd August, Strikes in Carlisle on 29th August and at Ally Pally 19th and 20th September. I'll also have it with me at my MK workshops.

Back to the card - I cut the Spellbinders 5 x 7 Mistletoe Card Front out of Coconut White Card - I used the inner die only. I popped a piece of Creative Expressions Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet on the front, turned it over and added Enchanted Gold Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powder to the exposed adhesive. I removed as much of the excess mica as possible and then sealed it in by glueing a piece of copy paper over it. I turned it over, removed the other piece of backing paper and added Cosmic Shimmer Diamond Snow Glitter Jewels. I matted the background onto a slightly larger piece of Coconut White Card.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Peace Joy Love Stamp Set using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using a die from the Spellbinders Holly Tags Die Set and inked through the die using Antique Linen Distress Ink using a Smoothie. I threaded some Antique White Satin Ribbon through the holes either side of the die cut and wrapped it around my background.

I assembled the card as shown adding a White 8mm Pearl to each corner and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler and a Precision Probe.

This is a pretty quick and easy card to make, suitable for batch making - vary the colour of Mica Powder to suit.

I have some auctions ending on ebay this evening - click on the ebay link in the top menu of this blog if you're interested.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Ask for a free card when you order in August!

30 comments:

  1. Pretty card Julia ...glad Kathryn enjoyed her birthday.
    Luv Rach :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a very beautiful card with just enough bling for Christmas.
    Glad Kathryn had a good birthday.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, a stunning card today, with so many Christmas cards to make these batch ones are inspirational, thank you, hopefully I will see it at Ally Pally if I can find someone to take me.

    Enjoy Wednesday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia.
    A lovely quick card I love these card front dies. So glad to read Kathryn had a good day. I hope there was plenty of cake lol Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, very pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Julia, todays card is really lovely, the background is superb. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! So subtle and gentle looking. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia, A very lovely card again today.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, So glad that Kathryn had a lovely day for her Birthday.
    This is a gorgeous card, I'm especially loving the background and how you have created it, very beautiful.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's very pale on my tiny iPod screen so will try and look later on laptop I like the sentiment threaded onto ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia
    Absolutely gorgeous.
    Love Jan x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card,
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    A gorgeous card, so delicate, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card Julia when you hav e lot to make and charity these are brill thank you so pleased kathryn had a lovely day xxxxx
    Love June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely card< Julia. I do like the way you have mounted the sentiment.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,
    Delicate and pretty card today....love it! Glad Kathryn had a great Birthday.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia
    Lovely card today. I can see the design better if I expand the picture. I'm glad Kathryn had a lovely day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julie. Gorgeous card. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty card, look forward to seeing it for real.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty card. Glad Kathryn enjoyed her birthday.
    Rosemary xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    I Just Love Today's Card That Your Sharing With Us, This Card Can Be Used For Christmas Or Even A Stunning Wedding Card I Just Love It,
    Thanks For Sharing Julia.
    Hugs From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card today. Love it!
    Anne Mather xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, a very pretty card and I'm sure my screen is not doing it justice.
    Thank you,
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Julia.

    Very pretty, I would think it looks lovely when you see it in real life. I really like the sentiment tag with the ribbon. As you say great for batch making.

    I don't know why but I thought you had closed your ebay shop with having this one now.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't got an ebay shop - just a seller account. Julia

      Delete
  25. I thought you had been playing with vellum initially for the background - glad I read the explaination.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card Julia and I'm sure a camera doesn't do it justice. Love the holly tag and the C&S design. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  27. A lovely card I am going to ally pally in September so hope to see it In real life and meet you too.
    My order arrived safely and l have been playing with the items love the card too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. HI Julia,

    So pretty. Love it.

    Shirley T.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia, beautiful card looks very interesting. Take Care Melody xXx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!