Thursday 20 August 2015

Let it Snow

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

Not the easiest card to photo, especially with how dull it was here yesterday afternoon. You'll be able to see it in the flesh at my Spellbinders demos this autumn including at Inspirations in Preston - Sunday is Christmas Day (I know it isn't - what I mean is that I'm demoing the Christmas dies on Sunday).

Anyway, back to the card. I'm trying to use up some demo bits and I had the background on display when I was with Phill Martin a couple of weeks ago at Stoneleigh. It was very popular! I spread some PM Cosmic Shimmer Chic Grey Blue Texture Paste through the Snowflake Flurry Mask onto Heat Emboss Acetate (it doesn't have to be heat emboss acetate for this technique) and put aside to dry. You could use any colour texture paste - Polar White looks stunning on acetate if you want an all white card.

I cut a frame out of Coconut White Card using 2 dies from the Spellbinders 6 x 6 Matting Basics A Die Set (remember to emboss before you cut if doing this). I added 3d Foam Tape to the back and popped it onto my acetate once the Texture Paste was dry. I trimmed away the excess and added more 3d Foam Tape to the frame then popped it onto a mat of Coconut White Card. This meant that the acetate was 'floating' a little - hence the shadows on the photos.

I cut the Spellbinders Let it Snow out of Coconut White Card and added a little 3d Foam before popping it onto the acetate.

I made a flower out of Coconut White Card using the old favourite Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia Die Set, shaping the petals with a Shape-It Tool on a Moulding Mat and adding a little Silver Dazzler.

I cut a flourish out of Coconut White Card using Spellbinders 5 x 7 Holly Frame Die Set. I snipped it in half to make it look longer coming out from under the flower.


I assembled the card as shown adding some White 8mm Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Ask for a free card (in the order comments box at checkout) when you order in August!

35 comments:

  1. Wow! I just love this Christmas card it is stunning! The little silver stars just make it I think.

    Have a great day Julia

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, wow another great Christmas card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, such a gorgeous card today, I love the way you have done the snowflakes on the acetate, will have to try that.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia.
    So Lovely Thank you. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pretty background, lovely card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, This is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I am also a devotee of the poinsettia die, I use mine a lot.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    You've Done It Once More I Love Today's Truly Exquisite Card, I Love The Colour Palette You've Chosen Thanks So Very Much For Sharing.
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic technique to make a fantastic card definitely one I will be trying thanks for your sharing all your ideas Julia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, I just love this card, the acetate background looks amazing, and I think I must just get my poinsettia die out for this years cards. Have a great day. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the snowflake background. The poinsettia is beautiful. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia What an absolutely elegant card that I will have try to make myself. Many thanks. Love Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, love all the different elements to it. Hope I can make it to your demo at Inspirations as it's not too far for me to drive there.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a stunning card, love the floating effect, so pretty in the colours chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,
    A really lovely card, I love the way that you have used the texture paste, it's very effective.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the way you have used the acetate, Julia. Really must use it more.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to see this one! Hope it's going to AP with you I love the "floating" effect" and that mask

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the floating effect Julia, a very pretty card . Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the snowflakes on the acetate. All in all a lovely card and well done for using up your demo bits. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia,
    Love, love, love your card. It's stunning. Gorgeous snowflake background.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card Julia, will try and get to see you in Preston

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Julia, I will definitely have a go at the floating acetate. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card. I like the floating acetate method, one to try that is for sure. As is using a mask and texture paste on it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia
    Lovely card. I like the idea of the floating acetate. Don't think I've seen that before. Love the mask as well done with the paste.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty julia love this card thank you xxxxxxx love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card Julia = particularly love the snow flakes on acetate - must give that a try, very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Julia.

    I love the Snowflake Flurry Mask great idea to us on Acetate. I really like the effect of the raised sentiment on the acetate. Thank you for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia,
    I just loved this card so much I ordered the snowflake flurry mask before leaving my comment! I think it will be very useful and I love using embossing paste!
    Thank you for inspiring me !
    Love Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card Julia
    Luv Rach :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia,
    Gorgeous card, just love the snowflakes on acetate it's as though you are looking through a window.
    Love Janet
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia
    Love this stunning card, crisp & clean in white with the hint of the silver on the snowflake in the floating background & the poinsettia & flourish finishes it off perfectly..

    Beautiful as always..

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. An exquisite card today Julia. It's beautiful and a clever make.
    Wish I was anywhere near a craft shop to get them to ask you to demo there.
    Thanks for the inspiration x Katie-Louise sweetlove

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Julia, lovely card the snowflakes look great for the background, real nice crisp an fresh. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!