Monday 3 August 2015

Peace and Workshop News

Hi Bloggers.

Hope you had a good weekend - nice to have the sunshine back! I had a great day at Colemans on Saturday. It was so good to go somewhere quite local to me and it meant that I met quite a few ladies that have been to my workshops in Kettering an Milton Keynes. I also saw some ladies who used to come to my shop when I had it. So lovely to see them again.

Yesterday, I managed to get out into the garden for a couple of hours to cut the lawn and have a tidy up. So good to be outside in the sunshine.

I have a simple card made with the new Spellbinders Reindeer and Sleigh Die Set today -

For the background, I inked through the Snowflake Flurry Mask (I have more on order) with Antique Linen Distress Ink using a Smoothie over a piece of Coconut White Card. I cut it out using the largest die in the Spellbinders 5 x 7 Matting Basics B Die Set.

I tore a piece of Coconut White Card and dabbed Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Star Twinkles on the torn edges using a piece of Cut n Dry Foam. Once dry, I glued them together using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue. I decided where I wanted these pieces on my background, lined the same die up over them, removed the background and ran through the Grand Calibur. I then glued them to the background - they lined up perfectly and had a nice edge to them.

I cut the Reindeer and Sleigh out of Vintage Gold Card. They cut beautifully. The Sleigh has a gorgeous detail to it. The Reindeer is quite handsome - I think he looks quite snooty and very important!

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Peace Love Joy Stamp Set using Perfect Medium onto Coconut White Card and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using a little die from the Spellbinders Holly Tags Die Set and inked through the die with Antique Linen. I didn't want a fancy frame around the sentiment as I felt it would detract from the Reindeer and Sleigh so I just trimmed a little Vintage Gold Card as a mat.

 I assembled the card as shown piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler and a Precision Probe.

I've managed to get 3 projects ready for my next workshop in Yardley Gobion on Saturday September 12th. I am planning on a 4th project (really going for it this time!). I'll show you that hopefully later this week. We have a Christmas theme and the 3 projects so far are -



For those of you that have a thing about red and white, the 3rd card is actually Milk (Cream) not White. There are still some places available. You can book via my webite here.

I have a workshop at Thats Really Crafty in Loughborough on Monday August 17th, again with a Christmas theme. With this one, you can come to the morning or afternoon or come to both and get a discount.

Morning Workshop -



Afternoon Workshop -

Contact Christian on 01509 767740 for more details and to book a place. You can also book online here.

As always, details of my workshops with future dates are permanently stored on my Workshops page on this blog accessed via the top menu.

I've spent quite a few hours over the weekend loading lots of new stock onto my website including Brand new Creative Expressions Embossing Folders in both A4 and 5 3/4" x 7 1/2" sizes here, some new Christmas MDF here and some gorgeous Cardmaking Kits, Topper and embellishments from The Hobby House here. There's over a thousand products in stock on my website now! Don't forget that if you want a Free Card, tell me in the comments box when you place your order. Some are already on their way to new homes!

Don't forget to pop by later to see if you have won Friday's card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

38 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Julia, love that Reindeer and Sleigh. So wish that I could get to a workshop that you are creating but unfortunately I live to far away. Take care, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a really lovely Christmas card today, you can almost hear the quietness of the scene with the reindeer standing there so proud.

    love the cards you are doing at your workshops.

    Enjoy Monday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    Thank you, today's card is lovely such an elegant reindeer.
    Thanks for all the other project cards. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Julia, todays card is so lovely, very elegant with the gold, love the sleigh and reindeer dies. The projects for your workshops are awesome, I am sure the attendees are going to enjoy doing them. Have a great Monday. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, a gorgeous Christmas card very elegant reindeer indead, and your projects for your workshops are fantastic.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card today, mind you the sample cards for your workshops are great especially the glitttery Merry Christmas one.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this mornings card Julia and the workshop cards look fantastic too !!
    I must go and check out your website sometime soon!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Julia I just wish your workshops were nearer to the North West, however I am really looking forward to seeing you in Preston.......so excited!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a busy weekend you have had! Glad you were able to get some sun. The workshop projects look lovely.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous cards Julia! I wish you'd come to East Yorkshire. Darn, I've just ordered from you and didn't realise I could've asked for a free card. I definitely will next time. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Wow! what an array of gorgeous card, love them all.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards Just wish I lived near enough to be able to get to workshops demos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, A great assortment of beautiful cards , wish I would be able to come to one of them. Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the cards are lovely, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia, today's card is so lovely. I love the sleigh and reindeer dies. The projects from your workshops are awesome......Rosie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the card are wonderful Julia, wish I could get to one of your workshops, but sadly too far and circumstances wouldn't allow, hope to see you on tv soon, seems ages since you were last on

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, Yes, I like, very much !! I'm also loving the starry background and the 'twinkle' snowy hills, very effective. For me, I would have to put a red gem on his little nose to make him 'Rudolph' haha, he is so majestic with his proud gait and his nose in the air. Gorgeous !!
    Your sample cards for your workshops are stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards, all of them!
    Rosemary xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia,
    A really elegant card, love the reindeer and sleigh. Love the way that you have made the background, thanks for the tip to make it fit the background. The workshop cards look fabulous.
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia. All the cards you have shown us are fab. Love the reindeer. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all the cards I have got the red and white thing must get the raindeer and love him. I wish I could get to a workshop julia live too far away xxlove June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,
    Love today's card with the reindeer and sleigh, and your workshop cards are all stunning, especially the one with the musical notes for the background....GORGEOUS!
    Love Janet
    from Waklefield

    ReplyDelete
  23. All the cards are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards and sentiments Julia. Crafty regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really lovely cards Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards today Julia. Was looking at your store website and wished that you shipped to Canada. Hopefully, it will be something that you consider in the future. Some of the items that I want, I only see on your website.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi ajuga
    I love today's card, and all the Christmas cards you've shown. I especially love the the let you Christmas sparkle and shine one. I think it fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Julia.

    I think the Reindeer and Sleigh Card is lovely and as you said elegant. I really like your hills and the colour. I also think you are right about the mat for the sentiment. Thanks for sharing.

    Your 5 Workshop Cards are lovely, I know I would find it very hard to pick one if I had to. I am sure everyone who attends will have a great time.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia,

    Such a gorgeous card you have for us today, Loved all your other cards too, so, so pretty.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love todays reindeer and sleigh card. Wish I lived nearer so that I could come to your workshop to make these beautiful cards you have shown us.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  31. You certainly have been a busy bee making all those cards. I popped in to check out your workshop dates. Trying to arrange a visit to a workshop one, a stay overnight and a trip to either Malvern or Kenilworth the next, to make the most of the long drive. My bank manager loves this time of year, as I buy so little, due to everything being Christmas themed (don't do Christmas) - except I make up for it with trips out!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful selection of cards today Julia, Love the reindeer & sleigh card, the detail on them is lovely. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia,
    What a lovely selection of cards! There is something for everyone. The reindeer made me smile - he is quite the most supercilious reindeer I've ever seen! A reindeer with attitude!
    Thank you,
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia,

    Love all the cards just wish I lived near one of your workshops.

    Shirley T.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Julia, lovely card a very posh looking reindeer so cute, an your project cards look wonderful. Take Care Melody xXx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card and so are the once for your work shop!
    Take care and have a nice Tuesday.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!