Wednesday 26 August 2015

Christmas Mini Scene

Hi Bloggers.

Super quick blog post today as I'm running a workshop at Creative Expressions HQ today. I've been prepping for Phill's Craftathon on Sunday - ny the way he's told me he can squeeze in another couple of people so if you're not busy on Sunday and fancy joining us - give Phill a ring at Honeypot Crafts.
I'm heading up North again on Friday (leaving as early as I can) as I'll be demoing at Strikes in Carlisle on Saturday.

Anyway, back to today's card -

Really simple - I've cut all the layers in Sue Wilson's Christmas Scene Mini Background Die Set out of Cobalt Card. I've popped some Creative Expressions Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet between each layer set and added Cosmic Shimmer Penny Copper Polished Silk Glitter.

I cut some of Sue's Winter Trees out of Cobalt Card and rubbed Cast Bronze Gilding Wax over them.

I assembled the card as shown piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Ask for a free card (in the order comments box at checkout) when you order in August!

17 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    A good card for inspiration ,Thank you take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, great card, love the die layers, with a very unusual colour combination. Sounds like you are super busy this coming weekend, travel safely. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia,
    Fabulous Card I'm Lucky As I Have This Fantastic Die And You've Created A Beautiful Image With It I Love How You've Cut Into Sections Then Created Hight.
    Thanks For Sharing Julia
    Drive Careful Your Going To Be Very Busy Over Next Few Days!!
    Love And Hugs
    From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the colours you have used. That die set is amazing I have such a long wish list. You are such a busy lady. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Julia the dies are great thank you love June horrocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card, I don't think the photos show the colours too well on my screen as the cobalt card looks more turquoise. I'm sure it looks beautiful in real life. Love the penny copper glitter. Hope you have a good day with the workshop.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia love the card and this die a difficult colour to Photograph .
    xJeanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, I'm loving this background die and these trees are lovely.
    Drive safely.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, I'm loving this background die and these trees are lovely.
    Drive safely.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julia.

    I think this is stunning. The colour combination is dramatic. Plus it sounds like an easy make. Thanks for sharing.

    It sounds like your going to be busy, I hope you have a great time.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia. Great card for batch making. My, you are in for a busy time, you will meet yourself coming back one of these days!. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Julia for letting me know this Sunday was all Christmas - so I have now been transferred to the November event. Have fun everyone who is going on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Julia,
    Lovely card ,love the colour combination, has a warm glow to it.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, I love the background die its one of my favourites from the new range. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!