Sunday 1 July 2012

Another Birthday

Hi Bloggers.

This is one of my favourite cards that I've made using the Ethel & Murray stamps. I think the golfing sets are just great for men cards. It's not a complicated card at all. I think the colours just appeal to me.


For the background I cut 2 pieces of colourcore, each measuring 6" x 3". I popped the green piece into the Couture Creations Houndstooth Embossing Folder and the mustard piece into the Creative Expressions Bark Embossing Folder. I popped them both through the Grand Calibur. Because of the A4 plate, I was able to put both folders through at the same time. I sanded both pieces to reveal the core. I joined them together at the back with a bit of ds tape and then wrapped a piece of London Tan American Seam Binding around it to hide the join. I mounted it on to some rust card.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Fore Stamp Set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured the image in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty Two. I inked through the die with Peeled Paint Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Coffee Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I edged it with Peeled Paint.


I assembled the card as shown adding a few buttons from my stash and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Choco Brown.

Hope you like this card as much as I do.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

18 comments:

  1. hi Julia
    Fun card and the colour scheme certainly matches the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, I like the way you have embossed two designs and put them together. Nice card.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card again Julia

    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the diffwrent textures created by the different embossing folders

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fun card Julia, brilliant

    Xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia love the card and love the colours it's very refreshing thanks
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the different embossing patterns on each side of the background (something I've not done before as I am a girl of symetry, but I shall give it a try). This si a really fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours are really nice in this card. The labels 22 work well with the stamp as well, regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Julia, am seriously trying to save the money to get the stamps. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this one Julia. Must get some of these stamps, the're hiarious!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning julia. love the sentiment and i really like the embossing folders you have used too xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card I know quite a few golfer`s in the family .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, another fab card, i think the colour and style works well with these stamps. I love embossing folders as they add interest to a simple card design. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this one Julia - as I've said before these are some of my favourite stamps, they always make me giggle. Hope you like the two samples I sent to you.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia - a great card again. Have a 70th birthday card to do for next week and will certainly be taking my inspiration from this cards, as he's a golfer. Cheers x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! There is so much talent out there and the work is so varied. I am loving this blog hopping thing! scrappyjen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very taken with the use of the two embossing folders and the colours are great. Another lovely card!
    Hope you are enjoying your Sunday.
    Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These images always make me laugh, fabulous card! Love the embossing. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!