Tuesday 24 October 2017

One Day Special Shows on Hochanda today

Hi Bloggers.

I'm launching a new One Day Special on Hochanda today at 6pm with some lovely Sue Wilson Dies. I hope you can join me.

Here's today's card -

This card was a bit of a labour of love (no pun intended) so I thought I'd share it today so that it doesn't get overlooked.

I have some of Phill Martin's embossing powders on the show and all 3 of them are the really the focal point of this card.

I started by cutting dies from Sue Wilson's Jennifer Die Set out of Coconut White Card - dies #1 and #2 together and dies #3 and #4 together. I pressed them into Clear Perfect Medium. I added Chic Viola Embossing Powder to 2 of the opposite corners, Titanium Embossing Powder to the other 2 corners and Decadent Denim Embossing Powder to the centre. I heat set them both and then added more Perfect Medium, more powder as before and heat set again.

I cut die #2 and die #4 from the Jennifer Die Set out of Coconut White Card and added my embossed pieces to them using CS Glue.

I cut my letters for my sentiment out of Coconut White Card using Sue's Alphabet Grid Die Set. I double embossed the letters in the same 3 Embossing Powders, alternating the colours used. I cut a banner out of Coconut White Card using Sue's Stitched Flags Die Set - I made the banner longer and got points at both ends by keeping the straight edge outside of the cutting plates, turning the die around and slotting it back into place and cutting a second time still keeping that straight edge outside of the cutting plates.

I glued the letters in place using CS Glue, shaped my banner and added it to my Jennifer frame using Foam Pads in the centre and CS Glue at the ends.

I cut the outer and inner dies all 3 sizes of the flowers from Sue's Pinwheel Floral Die Set together out of Coconut White Card twice. I cut both of the leaves out of Coconut White Card twice. I double embossed the largest flowers with Chic Viola Embossing Powder.

I double embossed the middle sized flowers with Decadent Denim and the smallest ones with Titanium Embossing Powder.

For my background, I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card using the Creative Expressions Tulip Twist Embossing Folder. I matted onto Stone Card and then Coconut White Card.

I completed my card by adding some 8mm White Pearls to the centre of the flowers and to the corners.

I'm offering 10% discount on items on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Add JULIAWATTS to the discount code box at checkout to receive your discount. Offer applies till midnight tomorrow night or while stocks last.

I have loaded photos of the samples from the shows to the Gallery Section of this Blog and to my Julia Watts Crafts Facebook Page.

Just a reminder - shows are at 6pm and 8pm today and then 9am, 1pm and 5pm tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

26 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, lovely sample today, yes I will be watching the shows over the next couple of days.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Julia. I will be watching tonight and tomorrow's will be recorded and watched later in the day.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the recorder set for all your shows Julia. A lovely card with all the embossing powders. I wasn't sure if I liked the Jennifer die but the more I see it the more I like it xc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    Stunning card.I will be watching tonight.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia, such a stunning card morning and I can see you have put a lot of work into it. Really looking forward to your shows later.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Julia, what a stunning and very intricate card. A lot of work, but what an astounding result. Looking forward to the shows, but may have to record most of them. Safe travels. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, really lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Julia, looking forward to the shows.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so pretty I’m not much of a stamper but I really ought to try heat embossing flowers, letters etc more often

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. I'm recording all your shows and look forward to watching them.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lot of interest in these cards. Looking forward to your shows.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Julia. The card is lovely very neat. I love the embossing folder I think I might have to have this one. Do you have this one in your shop and if so how can I order it. Just love. Kind regards Ann Toppcards Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia lovely cards today I will be watching all the shows
    Thank you xxxxxxx June Horrocks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Julia and well worth all the hard work its gorgeous x looking forward to watching your shows x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    A gorgeous card, looking forward to seeing more samples.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it. I am looking forward to your shows. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Crikey reading the process for this card Julia I think you need a medal. A fab card - I love the flower die - I bought it at Ally Pally but haven't used it yet. Looking forward to the shows later x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely, Julia. Looking forward to watching the shows !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't wait. Lovely card and so well described.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia. Well worth the effort. Looking forward to your shows.
    SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can't wait to see your show. I have checked and you are not on yet although I watched John's program.
    This card is lovely. I am very excited to see you make this one as I do have most of the items used and can substitute another CE embossing folder for the background. Lovely colors chosen.
    Have fun!
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking forward to your show....such a beautiful card today, love your embossing technique....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia Really beautiful card certainly worth all the work

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card Julia but sounds quite involved!! Have recorded your shows. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card.Looking forward to seeing more samples.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!