Monday 30 October 2017

Bright Celebrations Shadow Box

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

The background on this card uses one of my current favourite techniques with masks. I used a piece of Watercolour Card cut into 2 x A5 pieces. I added 10 drops of Citrus Lime, Deep Plum and Rose Pink CS Intense Pigment Stains to 3 Mister Bottles filled with water.  I misted all 3 colours onto 1 piece of the Watercolour Card. I misted a little plain water on top and then placed the other piece of Watercolour Card on top. I peeled the pieces of card apart and blotted excess off with Kitchen Roll. I kept my second piece for another project (tomorrow's post).

Working on my first piece, I placed the Puerto Rico Blocks Mask on one half and misted through with water. I lifted the mask off and turned it over and placed on the other half of my background to get a negative water print. I blotted off with Kitchen Roll. I then misted through a section of the Prism Effect Mask with the Citrus Lime. I turned it over to get a negative print from the excess ink in another section of my background and blotted off with Kitchen Roll. I repeated in another area of my background. Finally, I repeated the process with Deep Plum and the Tzar Mask.

I cut Sue Wilson's Celebrations Shadow Box out of Coconut White Card and added it to my background using CE Mounting Cushion. I added a frame cut from Coconut White Card using dies#4 and #5 from Sue's Stitched Square Peg Board Die Set. I matted onto Coconut White Card, Black Card and then another piece of Coconut White Card.

I used the Triple Happy Birthday die cuts left over from yesterday's card all around my Shadow Box.

I popped some Rose Pink, Citrus Lime and Deep Plum CS Intense Pigment Stains onto my Craft Sheet. I used them neat and painted onto Coconut White Card. I cut the elements from the Shadow Box and the So Many Candles Sentiment from them. I cut the plain dies for the candle and hat out of Coconut White Card, colouring in the flames using Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade Distress Markers.




I completed my card by adding an 8mm White Pearl to each corner.

Phill Martin is launching a new One Day Special on Hochanda today at 6pm with his Lavish Leaves Collection. I'm offering 10% discount on items from the shows on my website. You can find them here. You need to enter PHILLMARTIN in the discount code box at checkout to get your discount. Offer valid till midnight tomorrow night or while stocks last.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 27th October is .............................

nattyboots

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

22 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, love this card, the background is super, and a great die set. Well done Nattyboots on winning the card. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Julia
    Great background again,beautiful card.
    Congratulations Nattyboots.on your win.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Julia, amazing card this morning . I always enjoy reading how you create your back grounds. Congratulations to Nattyboots.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the card Julia colours fab thank you congrats to nattyboots xx
    Love June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card today, nice & bright.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia, lovely bright birthday card. Love the colours you have used.
    Congratulations to nattyboots
    Marion Sx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, lovely creation today. Congratulations nattyboots

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A beautiful bright card, brilliant background. I made a background using your technique and was so pleased with the effect that I stamped a Woodware flower stamp onto it and heat embossed with black mirage embossing powder, mats and layers and my card was done.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card aI bought some intense Pigment Stains at your workshop (Stained Glass Windows) and have only used them for that technique! So I am enjoying seeing other techniques with them and will definitely be utilising them more this week (hopefully!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Love the card, so bright and cheerful.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colourful card Julia ,so pleased to have won your gorgeous card .thank you everyone .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love the design and the dies are amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julia this is gorgeous, i love the layout and the wonderful colours on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful and fun card. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Congratulations to our friend Elaine! The card you won is a beauty.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very neat card today, Julia. Wonderful backgrounds and more to share tomorrow. Thank you for inspiring.
    Congrats to Elaine. This will brighten your day,
    Stephanie K
    SC/ USA
    PS— May have posted twice. Having technical difficulties. Hate posting on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia gorgeous card I saw you do this background technique on your recent shows I have to agree it's a fabulous technique I haven't tried it yet but hopefully will before too long
    Congratulations Elaine on winning your prize enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia. Lovely card.It would make me smile if I received a card like this. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Julia. Thank you. Sure anyone would love this. Congratulations Elaine (Nattyboots). Enjoy your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous colourful card Julia. Your background sounds very interesting. Congratulations to Elaine on your win. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!