Wednesday 11 October 2017

Weaving without a Frame

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I used a leftover middle piece of Coconut White Card that I'd cut a frame from using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares. I swiped some Faded Jeans Distress Oxide onto my Craft Sheet. I misted it with water and picked it up onto my card. I dried it using a Heat Tool and repeated the process with Wilted Violet Distress Oxide. I edged with Faded Jeans Distress Oxide using a Smoothie. I matted onto Black Card using CS Glue and then onto Coconut White Card using CE Mounting Cushion.

I then stamped the large text stamp from the Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 Parisian Art Stamp a couple of times using Faded Jeans Oxide direct from the pad.

For my weave, I cut the Striped Weaving Die out of Sky Blue Card and the Intermediate Weaving Die out of Coconut White Card. I popped a piece of CE DS Self Adhesive Sheet onto a piece of Coconut White Card. I measured roughly how much I'd need to cut out the Classic Weaving Die. I trimmed it, added CS Lavender Glitterbitz and cut the Classic Weaving Die out of it.

Leaving the Intermediate die cut with it's ends intact, I wove the Classic and Striped strips through it as shown. Once I was happy with the amount woven, I secured my pieces on the back using DS Tape. I trimmed the Inermediate Die Cut away from it's ends as shown. I also trimmed the Classic and Striped pieces in a pleasing pattern. I added it to my background using CS Glue.

I set the Efcolor Stove up and added some CS Clear and Midnight Blue Ultra Thick Embossing Crystals to a Melt-It Case. I popped it onto the stove platform, added the lid and left to melt. I added Clear Perfect Medium to the same text stamp that I used before. I popped a metal heart-shaped cookie cutter onto the stamp. Once the Embossing Crystals were moulten, I poured them into the cookie cutter. After a couple of minutes I removed the cookie cutter and peeled my embellishment off the stamp. I dusted a little Chic Grey Blue Mica Powder on top. I added it to my weave using a little Hi-Tack Tape and a little CS Glue.


I cut Sue's Birthday Wishes Die out of a piece of Sky Blue Card. I used the negative piece for this card. I popped it onto a piece of CE DS Adhesive Sheet. I added CS Frosty Sparkle Glitterbitz to the exposed adhesive. I edged with Faded Jeans Oxide Ink using a Smoothie and popped it on my card using CE Mounting Cushion and a little CS Glue.

 Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

26 comments:

  1. A lovely card Julia. I like the background you have created and the way you have used the weaving dies xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning julia, gorgeous, love it

    Stay safe, healthy and happy hugs June Smith xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, great background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    Love this card. Such a modern twist the way you have used the weaving dies.It's simply gorgeous.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    A gorgeous card, love the modern twist on the weaving.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,
    A great card, would be good for a man.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Julia. OMG this card is stunning Julia. I don't know about other crafters but this card screams out Modern Mans card to me. So different. I don't have the intermediate weaving die but I have the other two. You know what...... I don't use them enough but I think you have inspired me to make use of what I have and give it a go. Thankyou Julia. Kind regards Ann Toppcards Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is clever I like the effect of making the weave the focal area
    Since seeing you do this I must say that edging a background with one of the inks used makes all the difference

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you have used the weaving die on this card Julia x the background is fantastic too x thankyou x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia. Very different and very nice. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card Julia it’s different and a great male card
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Julia.. A WOW card this morning .. So many different effects you have created on the card. I just love your ideas.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it. Is there no end to what you can do with those dies. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. I really like this weave, it somehow has a casual look to it (if that makes sense). Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh WOW! Julia, how gorgeous is this ?, loving it all
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card, Julia - very modern and effective. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the idea of using the weaving pieces in a different way. I enjoyed watch you on Hochanda.
    You background is terrific by the way.
    Have a fun day,
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia, love the design of this card, so unusual, but really pings, especially against that super background. Take care all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, I love this !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julia this is si different but totally stunning.
    OOH i really love this, those colours the layout and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Julia I love this card I love the way you've used the weaving dies and the colours are gorgeous Its all Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just amazing Julia. Great background and the woven panel is lovely.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  23. A brilliant idea Julia. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!