Thursday 19 October 2017

Woodware Butterfly Collage

Hi Bloggers.

Francoise Read has shows on Hochanda today (and Phill Martin is continuing with his One Day Special) so I thought I'd share a simple card that I made using one of Francoise's stamps at the demo I did recently at Domino Crafts.

I started by adding Distress Oxides - Fired Brick, Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber, to a piece of Coconut White Card. I misted a little water into my hand and 'clapped' over my card to create little splats. I blotted with Kitchen Roll.

I made sure that my background was dry. I dusted with an Anti-Static Bag and stamped the Woodware Butterfly Collage using Onyx Black Versafine Ink. I added CS Matt Clear Embossing Powder and heat set.

I edged my piece with Vintage Photo Oxide using a Smoothie. I added highlights and coloured in the butterflies using a Clear Stardust Pen.

I matted onto Black Card using CS Glue and then onto a Coconut White Card blank using CE Mounting Cushion.




I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock on my website from Francoise's shows. You can find them here. You need to enter FRANCOISE in the discount code box at checkout. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last.

Phill has One Day Special shows at 9am, 1pm and 5pm today. I'm also offering 10% discount on items from his shows. You can find them here. You need to enter PHILLMARTIN in the discount code box at checkout. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last.

You can only enter one code in the box per order. If you place more than 1 order today and you are charged postage, I will refund the postage if the total value of both of your orders is over £25. It will probably be Sunday when I action all refunds.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

22 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    A very different card today,great colours.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia lovely card today

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Julia. Amazing card this morning .Brilliant effect you have created with the inks and with the stamp.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, nice background colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great effect you have created.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, Julia. I haven't got any of the Oxide ink pads - yet!

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Julia. A lovely Autumn colour card Julia, and so interesting. Love it. Kind regards Ann Toppcards Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Julia, love the card, everything about it is just stunning, the stamp, the colours and the creativity. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A work of art Julia .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia this is a stunning card that is an amazing stamp. I hope you are enjoying your short break. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia

    This is a fabulous design, love the colours!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours Julia the card is just brill thank you xxxxxx love June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the background Julia x like a beautiful sunset x the stampings lovely too x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. I do like this stamp and your blend of colours for the background. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia, This is gorgeous !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia lovely card the colours of the background are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card I especially like the blend of oxides you’ve used

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice card. I had to check that it was one stamp. Nice. I love the blended oxide background and the bit of sparkle.
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!