Saturday 28 October 2017

Simple Alphabet Grid Card

Hi Bloggers.

Heading out early today to set up for my workshop with Leonie Pujol. It's going to be busy!

Here's a quickie card for today -

I started by cutting Sue Wilson's Alphabet Grid Die out of Coconut White Card. I put the letters away into a sectioned box and then added die #2 from Sue's Stitched Square Peg Board Die Set and cut.

I used another Alphabet Grid die cut as a mask and inked through it onto a square piece of Coconut White Card with Blue Lagoon CS Chalk Cloud using a Smoothie. I added my clean Alphabet Grid Die Cut, offsetting it slightly.

I cut one of the border dies from the Ecliptic Edger Die Set out of Coconut White Card 4 times and glued them to the back of my grid.

I matted onto Coconut White Card using CE Mounting Cushion, then to Duck Egg Card using CS Glue and them Coconut White Card using Mounting Cushion.

I added my sentiment from tiles cut using the Alphabet Grid out of Coconut White and Duck Egg Card.

I cut a candle out of Coconut White and Duck Egg Card using the Celebrations Shadow Box Die Set adding Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade Distress Markers.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

21 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, another lovely card today, I must get those alphabet dies

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Love these cards with all your different ways to use the Alphabet die My die arrived yesterday so I know I will have fun this weekend.
    Thanks Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Useful alphabet dies - great card. Had a fun day - laughter all the way with Leonie!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    A lovely card. I've now watched all the recordings of your shows this week. They were excellent, so many great backgrounds and fabulous weaving, and great card ideas. I alwaya learn so much from your demos.
    Have a fun day today.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Julia. Have a fun day today with Leonie
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Julia. Brilliant card this morning . I think this collection I really need to add to my list.
    Hope you have loads of fun to day with Leonie.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, I'm debating should I buy this set of dies or not, decision to be made.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Julia, the more I see it, the more I realise I need this die. This card is just brilliant, perfect for guys. Enjoy your workshops with Leonie, I am sure there will be plenty of laughter along with the inspiration. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Julia very clever a must have lm afraid it’s on my list this die
    Thanks Julia love june xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card today and I just received my alphabet die yesterday. I love the way you used it as a mask and then offset the original die cut. I can’t wait to play. Thank you for another great tip.
    Have fun at your workshop today,
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  11. I expect your workshop was great fun and very messy! This is a lovely card That pegboard And alphabet sets are very useful

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed your workshop today. Thanks Julia. Your card is lovely. Really great demos on TV with these dies. Added to my wish list. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia lovely card I loved wathing you demo this die so many great ways to use it It's on my wishlist for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait for my alphabet to arrive. So much fun to be had.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Julia. Beginning to think these dies are a must. Hope the workshops went well today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card.I have to order this dies.
    Thanks
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. I really like the simplicity of this card, it would be great for so many occasions. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!