Saturday 7 October 2017

Santa Claus is coming to town

Hi Bloggers.

I'm up and out early today as I'm demoing at Domino Crafts in Wolverhampton 10am till 4pm. If you're in the area, do stop by - there's usually cake!

Here's today's card -

For the background, I popped the Pine Needles Mask onto Watercolour Card. I sprinkled Peacock Green and Bronze Blush Pixie Powders over and then misted with water. I left the mask in place and popped another piece of Watercolour Card on top to get a negative print. I put them aside to dry.

Once my backgrounds were dry, I cut Sue Wilson's Classic Weaving Die into both of them. I cut the negative piece into strips and wove them through the other piece.

I made a frame using dies #6 and #8 from Sue's Double Pierced Rectangles Set B Die Set. I added the frame to my background using Woodware 2mm Foam Tape and trimmed away the excess. I matted onto Rich Red Card then Brunswick Green Card and finally onto a piece of Coconut White Card.

I dusted a piece of Coconut White Card with an Anti-Static Pad and stamped the santa from the Woodware Cheeky Santa Stamp Set using Onyx Black Verafine. I added CS Matt Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. I also stamped the parcel from the set twice and the sentiment. I also stamped the sack from the Woodware Long Tall Santa Stamp Set.

I coloured Santa's face by scribbling a little Tattered Rose Distress Marker onto my Craft Sheet and picking the colour up with a Water Brush. I coloured the rest of him and the parcels and sack using CS Christmas Watercolour Set. I cut them all out using scissors leaving a thin white border. I added them to my card using CE Mounting Cushion.



Sue Wilson is continuing with her One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 1pm and 5pm. I'm offering 10% discount on items on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Please Note : The discount is not automatic - you need to enter the code SUEWILSON in the Discount Code Box at Checkout. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last.

I'm pleased to report that shipping to Europe, Autralia & New Zealand and Canada & USA is now available on my website. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

17 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, oh I do like this one incorporating the weaving dies too, what a combination, love it.

    Enjoy yourself today, I only wished I could get there.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Great weaving background, such a fun card.Have a good weekend.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    My first thought was "what a bright cheerful fun card" and then I looked closer and realised the background is woven - fabulous!
    I'm off to a sugarcraft workshop today modelling woodland animals from sugarpaste - should be fun.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Julia. Brilliant card this morning. Love all the ways you have used to colour and the weaving in the back ground.
    Hope you have lots of fun to day... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card Julia enjoy your day
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Julia, I love todays card, the Santa is so cute and quirky, like the woven background. Travel safely to Wolverhampton. Have a good day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a happy festive card Julia.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Julia.

    Great Card and lovely background. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great weaving and a cute little Father Christmas, how pretty...thank you Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it that Santa is fabulous and I love the background you have created. Enjoy your day and the cake. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julia, this card is wonderful. I love the way you made the background papers and then of course the weaving. I just got my weaving dies from Hochanda and am going to give it a try today. I taped your demos from Hochanda as I liked your method which seemed like it would keep it "all together" best.
    Have fun today....cake sound good. Wish I could come.
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card I really like the cheeky Santa Hope today went well

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, A cute card, and lovely that you have used the weaving in the background, and then that cheeky little chappie in the foreground.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely Christmas card Julia. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Julia, I love Santa's face.... even though you only see a little of it LOL

    June x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!