Wednesday 25 October 2017

One Day Special Shows continue today

Hi Bloggers.

Hope you enjoyed yesterday's shows. I have more shows today at 9am, 1pm and 5pm.

Here's today's card -

The background is made using Shaving Foam and CS Intense Pigment Stains in Citrus Lime, Bluebell and Rose Pink onto Coconut White Card. This piece is actually second generation. For those of you who haven't come across this technique - I popped some cheap Shaving Foam into a plastic box spreading it around so the base was covered. I added drops of the Intense Pigment Stain. I used the end of a Paint Brush to create patterns in the Shaving Foam. I pressed a piece of Coconut White Card into it. I removed it and used a ruler to remove the foam from the card and removed any remaining foam with Kitchen Roll. I got a 2nd and 3rd print by re-distributing the foam and ink a little and popping more card on top.

I cut Sue Wilson's Alphabet Grid out of Coconut White Card. I removed all the letter blocks and added the empty grid to my background. I added a frame made out of Coconut White Card using dies #2 and #4 from Sue's Stitched Square Peg Board Die Set. I added it to my backgrounds using Woodware Foam Tape. I matted onto Coconut White Card, Black Card and then another piece of Black Card.

I cut the Alphabet Grid out of Coconut White Card a second time as I needed a couple of O's, a couple of E's and a couple of L's. I also cut it out of Black Card a couple of times. I added the letters to the grid as shown securing with CS Glue.

I cut Sue's Pinwheel Flowers out of Coconut White Card and the complete flowers out of my Shaving Foam background. I cut the leaves in the same set out of Coconut White card. I added a Small Black Circle Dazzler to the centre of each flower.


I really do love the Alphabet Grid Set - you can say whatever you want to on a card. Great for scrapbooking too!

I'm offering 10% discount on items on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Add JULIAWATTS to the discount code box at checkout to receive your discount. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last.

Hope you can tune in today.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

28 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    Love,love this card.Great background as usual.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Julia with the shaving foam background. Emjoyed your shows yesterday, today's will be recorded as I will be out most of the day.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Julia I haven't used the shaving foam technique for ages it makes a great background xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Julia... Stunning card this morning . I have never tried using foam , must give it a go. I really enjoyed your shows yesterday and looking forward to watching to day. Hope you have fun.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Julia, this card is just superb, love the background, one of my favourite techniques. I have not caught up with last nights shows yet, but hope to get time today in between the live shows. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed the shows Julia. Another fab card. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and great shows last night Julia.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, I treated myself to the alphabet die so I just need to find time to use it.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, beautiful card today, love the way you have done the lettering.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card, great background. I must try the shaving foam technique, been meaning to for ages. I didn't "get" the alphabet die wben it was launched but now I've seen your demos and samples I can see how useful it is, and will add it to my wishlist.
    Great shows yesterday, loving your demos.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    A lovely card. I'm out today so will watch the shows on rewind.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Julia, loving the shows

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the shows Julia the shaving foam demos are brill the cards are stunning thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just watched you doing the shaving foam technique - it's so effective. Great card.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia. What a lovely card and YAY, the backgrounds are back.
    SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it. It is good to see how well the dies work. The background is gorgeous too. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card and great shows Julia.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful background, I must try the shaving foam technique. Love the flowers and the letters, love the card.
    Thanks
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to watch shows on catch up I had a go at the shaving foam technique years ago Thank you for the reminder I have some CS Intense stains so will definitely have a another go
    Lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card. I did the shaving foam technique with Sue years ago. Just watching your last show. Love what you're creating.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Long time since I used shaving foam and if it hasn't dried up, will try this especially as I hot the alphabet and flower dies.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Julia. Loved your shows, so informative and gorgeous samples to tempt us. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful shows, Julia. I watched the first 2 on rewind due to the time change and wouldn't you know I missed a portion of the live show. Will catch up.
    I have not done the shaving cream technique in ages. Thanks for reminding me of the fun.
    Thank you so much for the "extender" demo. I really needed that and I think I have it!
    You were fantastic! I bet you are ready for a breather.
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab card Julia and fantastic shows again x everytime I watch you I learn something new x thankyou Julia x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia Gorgeous cards Loved your shows your techniques with the shaving foam brought a smile to my face when you scraped the foam off and revealed those gorgeous colours of the pigment inks I just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card and love the alphabet die. I have several alphabet dies do I really need another hmm...will have to think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Great die and I love your background, I keep meaning to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!