Thursday 12 October 2017

Petite Petal Striplet

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I started by creating an acetate background. I popped a little CS Clear Varnish Lacquer onto my Craft Sheet. I added a drop of CS Rose Pink Intense Pigment Stain and a little CS Frosty Dawn Diamond Frost. I added it to a piece of  Heat Emboss Acetate in patches. I added some more Varnish Lacquer to my Craft Sheet and this time added Citrus Lime Intense Pigment Stain and Aurora Sparkle Diamond Frost. I added this to the gaps in my Acetate and then moved both colours around a little so that the while area was covered and put aside to dry (about 20 mins).

I cut both dies from Sue Wilson's Petite Petal Striplet out of Coconut White Card. I cut the outer die out of my Acetate background and out of Coconut White Card. I glued my decorative die cut on top of the acetate and then onto the Coconut White piece.

I popped a little Rose Pink Intense Pigment Stain onto my Craft Sheet and brushed it onto a piece of Coconut White Card. I did the same with Citrus Lime Intense Pigment Stain. I cut the striplet from the both and used the fall away pieces for the flowers and leaves on my striplet panel.

I stamped the sentiment from the Woodware On the Bright Side Stamp Set onto a Piece of Coconut White Card using Onyx Black Versafine Ink. I matted onto Black Card and then Coconut White Card. I added my striplet panel using CE Mounting Cushion.

I cut the largest 2 pairs of dies from Sue's Pinwheel Floral Die Set out of Coconut White Card. I cut the outer dies only out of my Acetate background and out of Coconut White Card. I glued the pieces for each size together and made my flower adding an 8mm White Pearl to the centre.

I cut a pair of leaves using Sue's Windswept Grasses Die Set out of my card that I coloured with the Citrus Lime Intense Pigment Stain.

I completed my card by adding a 5mm White Pearl to the corners.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

26 comments:

  1. Good Morning Julia
    Gorgeous card, love the colours.This die is my favourite from Sue's September release.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card Julia and great techniques xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Julia, what a lovely card, the vibrant colours just made me smile this morning. Love the dies used and how you have paper pieced with the striplet die. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and sentiment xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning julia lovely card today

    Stay safe, healthy and happy hugs June Smith xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Julia. Such stunning card this morning you have created with the striplet. I love the how you have created the colours. The sentiment has made me got that song in my head .
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. Makes me want to burst into song, you know that one from The Life of Brian, Monty Python, so funny.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    A beautiful card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Julia, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought this Striplet at Ally Pally I haven't used it yet A fabulous idea to try

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia. Beautiful and again, I love your colours. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  12. super duper card, love this striplet....luv Ursula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card would really cheer anyone up !!!Love it thank you Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Julia, i love this die.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love the dies they are so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia
    A lovely fresh looking card. Love the dies.
    I've just got back from a trip to Northampton to see my daughter and newly minted granddaughter in the hospital (saw son in law too, but his was only a supporting role, the ladies were the stars).
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julia,

    Gorgeous Card. Lovely dies especially the petite petal striplet die. I love your acetate background and colouring. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia

    Beautiful, bright and colourful card

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, a very bright, Springy card this morning. Lovely colors and an amazing background.
    Very good Thursday to everyone!
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a great look using the same stains on the acetate and the flowers. Very pleasing to the eyes that all the elements are from the same ink product to match perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cheerful card Julia x love the dies and lovely colours x glad I'm not the only one with that song in my head now!
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the card Julia so so pretty the colours are great thank you love june Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice card Julia, must play with colours more.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a gorgeous card Julia. Love it. Haven't got this striplet but it looks a lovely die. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Julia this is fabulous and i so love the sentiment and the colours. So nice to see something summery instead of me trying to make Christmas cards lol.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!