Thursday 22 May 2014

Happy Birthday

Hi Bloggers.

I have shows today on Create & Craft with Martyn at 9am and with Leonie at 3pm. Hope you can join me.

If you follow Julia Watts Crafts on Facebook, you can see photos of the samples here.

No dies on the shows today. Any products I have in stock on my website are highlighted - just click on the highlighted text and you'll be taken straight to the product page.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I first spritzed a piece of Coconut White Card with Buttercup Cosmic Shimmer Ink Spray Mist. Then I 'inked' through the Floral Frame Mask using a litle Topaz Cosmic Shimmer Shimmer Paint using a little Cut n Dry Foam

I stamped the Taylored Expressions Daisy Bouquet using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Cosmic Shimmer Blue Lace Matt Drawing in from the Soft Velvet Set (for the water in the vase), Cosmic Shimmer Shimmer Paints in Harvest Gold, Topaz, Malachite and Pearl. I mixed the Topaz with the Harvest Gold for a lighter orange. I mixed the Topaz with the Malachite for the green seed heads. I mixed a little Pearl with Scattered Straw Distress Ink for the centre of the daisies. Sorry the shimmer doesn't come across in the photos.

I cut the image out using the 2 largest dies in Sue's Decorative Frame Set from the Italian Collection and inked through the die with Scattered Straw Distress Ink.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set, again using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using a Spellbinders Luscious Labels One Die and inked through the die with Scattered Straw.

I made a bow out of Custard Card using Sue's Classic 3d Bow Die Set. I hadn't intended putting a bow there but needed to hide a dirty mark. Lol!

I assembled the card as shown adding some Cream Pearls in the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Olympic Gold around the edges.

See you later!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

37 comments:


  1. Morning Julia,

    Pretty card. Looking forward to your show. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    Thank you pretty card looking forward to the shows. Take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    What a beautiful card have a great day today hope you get lots of sale outs I will be watching tonight when I get home from work thanks Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Julia today's is gorgeous I spotted it on Facebook yesterday. Good luck with the shows I will be watching. Have safe journeys. Love Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunny card today ,love it. Mabex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia. Love this pretty card : ) I hope to watch both shows. wishing you a safe journey, enjoy your day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Julia, so love the background, love the colours too.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bright summery card.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Julia, a beautiful bright and summery card, which has lifted the spirits on a dull and rainy day. Love this stamp, just so gorgeous. Good luck with the shows. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, lovely card, love the mask and the stamps. Looking forward to the shows today. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Julia , I really like the background you have created.
    Glad I am not the only one who gets marks on their cards!
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely happy card, the bow looks great in custard card. Look forward to shows x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia
    Stunning card today, you and Sue are on the Yellow theme today.
    Off to London in a few minutes - have a great time with Martyn
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Julia. Your card is full of sunshine today!!! Just stunning!!
    Enjoy your shows. Hope to watch them later. Have a lovely day. Love and hugs. Hilary xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the card and it's bright colours Will catch later show Work really does get in the way sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the card Julia the colours are stunning that's down to having a beautiful stamp I think and your gift of course I'm waiting for you and Martin to come on have a good show thank you Julia love June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A really beautiful card that is so summery.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia,
    A very pretty card, your colouring is so good.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card Julia to cheer us up ... it's raining gain.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia. Very pretty colours on your card today. Just watching you do your first demo on telly. Thanks for the reminder of the sponging technique, very effective on card. SueL

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, Love the card . Love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, a beautiful card. Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia such a beautiful card so lovely and fresh looking.
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia
    Another lovely card today. I've recorded the shows to watch later as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Do love those daisies Julia, very pretty colours

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Julia, A beautiful card, love the colours and the daisy stamp. Your show with Martyn was great, will try to watch the 3pm show.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia,
    Have watched half of this morning's show! Had to stop for lunch and to allow my husband to watch the News!
    Today's card is lovely and the detail in the stamps is amazing. Liked a lot of this morning's examples and the ones you had embossed were my favourites! I do like to colour but embossing nearly always looks smart and in my case a bit more professional! Will really try to watch the afternoon show live and send an email.
    Got plenty of ironing to keep me busy ! Coffee break at 3pm I think!
    Safe travel home,
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia, a very pretty card today have recorded your shows so I
    catch up with them later. Was at my local craft store yesterday
    and the June the girl there was telling me you and Sue are coming
    hurrah she is going to phone me when she has the proper date as
    they are giving tickets out fr the event as I'm sure it will be chockers
    looking forward to seeing you both.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card. It looks like you had plenty of fun today on the shows. Emails not read out nor selected out the cup - but what a lot emails were sent in today!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia,
    Only me again! Yes! I watched a live show without interruption. I am so glad as it was really good! What a lot of work goes into these shows ! Thanks for all the great hints and tips. Bought the neutral set of paints so looking forward to using those.
    I ,too, sent in an email .
    Safe journey home!
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card love it all xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  32. Absolutely gorgeous, Julia! I recorded your shows and can't wait to see them. Off to look now!
    Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia, A brilliant array of your samples for the shows, thank you for showcasing these for us to drool over. A gorgeous card here, beautiful background and gorgeous bow.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. lovely card Julia. I loved your shows and now I am going to order some more paints and some mist sprays
    Hugs to all
    Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Loved the shows. Will you be getting wreath stamps in your amazon store?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely card with another gorgeous background. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Julia
    This a very pretty card. Enjoy trip to Anglesey

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!